Thread: A Simple Way to Italicize Words for .txt Files Imported and Complied?

Default A Simple Way to Italicize Words for .txt Files Imported and Complied?

I have a translation that was converted to a .txt file and complied. It works great but I was wondering how to italicize words where needed? Does it have to be a different format when importing other than .txt?

You will want to read the Help file on compiling Bible versions using the Version Database Compiler. That chapter offers a lot of information that will be of use to you.

For adding italics to the text (not to endnotes, which use a different method), you will need to put brackets [ ] around the words you want italicized. You will also need to check the box "Has Italics" when you compile.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    You will want to read the Help file on compiling Bible versions using the Version Database Compiler. That chapter offers a lot of information that will be of use to you.

For adding italics to the text (not to endnotes, which use a different method), you will need to put brackets [ ] around the words you want italicized. You will also need to check the box "Has Italics" when you compile.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Thank you. I corrected the KJV and everything looks good.

Excellent! I'm glad to be of help!

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver