Thread: BDAG and HALOT from previous version

Default BDAG and HALOT from previous version

I was still on BW ver. 5 when they announced the end of the program. I obtained a copy of ver. 10 from one of the good members here.
    I had BDAG and HALOT from the old version, but can't get the new version to recognize them. Entering the old codes isn't working.
    Any ideas?

You might send an email with your question to service@bibleworks.com. It may be that there is no one there any more. You may want to have version 5 and version 10 of BibleWorks both installed on your computer. It would be some awkward, but at least you would have some use of the lexicons.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

BW 10 uses different unlock codes from BW 5. Did the person from whom you obtained BW 10 not supply you with the codes?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Since I already had the modules from ver. 5, I only purchased the basic BW 10 program. So, no, I didn't get new codes.

You probably need to contact that person again and ask them for the codes, assuming that they have them. The codes, I believe, will be specific to the installation program that you got from them. Since you did purchase these once, you shouldn't have to do so again; but if they don't have the codes, then your only hope will be anything that may be left of BW customer service, I believe.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

The only way for hallmarktex to use BDAG & HALOT from BW5 on BW10 is if he can find his own BDAG and HALOT codes from BW5, contact support or service (as was suggested in the first answer), and they find a record of it (or take your word for it), then issue a new code for BDAG & HALOT which will work with BW10 (the code system changed for BW8 and following). The time to do this may have already passed. If so, pray that some other entity is willing to take over BW sales and service. When I supplied BW10 to hallmarktex, I had nothing to do with old codes, since I am not officially part of the now-closed company.
    Mark Eddy

Default new codes for BDAG/HALOT

Quote Originally Posted by hallmarktex View Post
    Since I already had the modules from ver. 5, I only purchased the basic BW 10 program. So, no, I didn't get new codes.
    Please contact service@bibleworks.com. Ignore the auroreponse message. They will get back with you.
    Mike