Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! My Laptop and copy of Bibleworks 10 were stolen last week

I finally got the .iso file to download and now I have hit a new snag. The activation code provided to me by Bibleworks for version 8.0 is not accepted by the setup file. I still have the email from Bibleworks with the code in it and I copied it directly to the setup form so there was no misstype. The error message given was, "You have entered an invalid activation code. Please try again or click CANCEL." I'm really hoping there is still a way to fix this, but there is no chance that the code is incorrect so something else is wrong. It was the only code I possibly could have used to install BW 8.0 successfully before, and it was copied directly to the field in the setup program. The setup program recognized most of my other activation codes including the one to upgrade from BW 8.0 to BW 10.0, but not the code for 8.0 itself. It also didn't like the code for LUTB for some odd reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi David,

You will have to use the BW10 program activation code. An older BW8 code for the program will not work. Check your email messages for the BW10 program code that was sent to you. Older module codes may work for BibleWorks 10 (at least in some cases), but the older program codes will not. The download iso image is only for BW10, not for the BW8.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

post deleted
    Last edited by now john; 07-26-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Hey Glenn,

I have gone back and carefully looked over my emails from Bibleworks. I purchased the upgrade from BW 8.0 to BW 10.0 on April 29, 2015. I have the email confirming the purchase for $229.00. I also have the subsequent email from May 1, 2015 with the activation codes (all seven of them), the only code in the group that seems to be a program installation code is one that begins with UP08. The others begin with the following: TNIV, NIVO, NABO, CSBO, LUTB, BNGD. No other code was supplied yet BW 10 was successfully installed and used for years. I have emails from later interactions with BW about my 10.0 program.

I also found an email interaction with Rick Gross from April 24,2015 indicating that the BW 8.0 code was required to install BW 10.0. I had requested help because in the process of installing the upgrade to 10.0 I was prompted for my 8.0 code and I didn't know where to look for it. His reply affirmed that I would need the code and that it had been captured when I emailed him. So I can only conclude that following that interaction about the BW 8.0 code, I subsequently installed the upgrade on April 29, 2015 using a combination of the BW80 code and the UP08 code that is supplied in the May 1 email from Bibleworks along with six more that were unlocked with the upgrade. No other program codes for Bibleworks are anywhere except a version 6.0 code that doesn't even fit the fields and is still recorded in the cover of my manual for that program. Maybe Bibleworks changed the way they recorded codes during the release or shortly after? There is no doubt I purchased an upgrade from 8.0 and not a 10.0 install from scratch.

Default lost bw10 code

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    Hey Glenn,

I have gone back and carefully looked over my emails from Bibleworks. I purchased the upgrade from BW 8.0 to BW 10.0 on April 29, 2015. I have the email confirming the purchase for $229.00. I also have the subsequent email from May 1, 2015 with the activation codes (all seven of them), the only code in the group that seems to be a program installation code is one that begins with UP08. The others begin with the following: TNIV, NIVO, NABO, CSBO, LUTB, BNGD. No other code was supplied yet BW 10 was successfully installed and used for years. I have emails from later interactions with BW about my 10.0 program.

I also found an email interaction with Rick Gross from April 24,2015 indicating that the BW 8.0 code was required to install BW 10.0. I had requested help because in the process of installing the upgrade to 10.0 I was prompted for my 8.0 code and I didn't know where to look for it. His reply affirmed that I would need the code and that it had been captured when I emailed him. So I can only conclude that following that interaction about the BW 8.0 code, I subsequently installed the upgrade on April 29, 2015 using a combination of the BW80 code and the UP08 code that is supplied in the May 1 email from Bibleworks along with six more that were unlocked with the upgrade. No other program codes for Bibleworks are anywhere except a version 6.0 code that doesn't even fit the fields and is still recorded in the cover of my manual for that program. Maybe Bibleworks changed the way they recorded codes during the release or shortly after? There is no doubt I purchased an upgrade from 8.0 and not a 10.0 install from scratch.
    David, contact service@bibleworks.com. Give Rick you e-mail address and describe the problem. He may be able to help.
    Everyone else, be sure to save your codes in a safe place. We will try to help David, but the support address is no longer available for such things.
    Mike

Default Resolved

Three things: First, thank you so much to the Bibleworks friends and staff who helped me get this issue resolved! I'm sure for those of you who are/were on staff with Bibleworks the change/closure is at least as difficult and painful as it is for those of us who have come to rely on the program daily for work and personal use. Bibleworks 10 is successfully installed on my new laptop! Thank you for going above and beyond to help me out and God bless you all for all the years of hard work you have put into building, updating, expanding, supporting and keeping this program running and improving for all of us. You really deserve to make millions for this work of service and I'm sure the paychecks were substantially less than that. Thanks for being willing to serve below your market value to deliver this amazing program for the Church.

Second, unexpectedly this past Friday, a company with software installed on my stolen laptop called me to let me know that it had come back online in another state. Since they had the ability to track the ip address it was coming from and the sites it was visiting, I was able to notify someone nearby and the computer along with all my extra resources (including my Bibleworks install thumb drive) have been recovered! Praise God! (Thanks to everyone who prayed for me!) I don't have them in hand yet and it will be a few weeks before I do, but they are believed to be safe and accounted for. The thief was identified and I had an opportunity to speak with him briefly and remind him of God's love for him and my forgiveness and love for him too. I confessed to him that I too have been a thief in the past, so this is an opportunity for change not a reason to lose hope. I hope this will be a turning point in his life and that the grace of Jesus will take him far beyond his wildest dreams for the future.

Third, I join with the many voices in expressing a serious desire to see the Bibleworks program continue to develop and have support long into the future. Many of us are baffled about the lack of interest in a program that we feel is unparalleled in the field of Bible software. I have had Quick Verse, I have had Bible Soft, I have used Logos, I have used a couple others too. I have made use of some internet based tools for studying the Bible and I still make use of E-Sword (God bless you Rick Meyers), but I have never had anything like Bibleworks and I doubt I ever will. It is a seemingly endless toolchest for mining the text of God's Word. I know it was used and highly recommended by my seminary professors and many pastors and missionaries, like myself, must make use of it daily as well. Surely there must be some means of keeping the program financially solvent. I sincerely hope that every possible avenue will be carefully considered. It will be a tragic loss if the day comes when the program can no longer run on newer operating systems or simply is no longer available to the next generation of Bible students. I don't mind saying it, Bibleworks just does the job better than any program I have ever seen, it is sleek, swift, deep and powerfully geared to analyzing and working the text. Nobody who was a serious student of God's Word would want to lose Bibleworks if they were once exposed to it.

Thanks again to everyone for your help with my situation! Blessings ...

In Christ,

David Zimmermann

David,

That is a very good and uplifting post. It is wonderful to hear that your laptop and Bibleworks install drive have been recovered.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Thank you for posting this update. It is awesome to hear how the Lord had a plan to get your things back, while, and more importantly, providing someone an opportunity to come to know the Lord. Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you in this situation.

--
    David

Wow, David, that is a fantastic ending the ordeal that you have endured! Thank you for your Christian testimony and sincere love for Christ. It is a joy to see!

And thank you for your kind words for BibleWorks as well. Mike Bushell has indeed created a high bar for any Bible software to reach.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

David, I join in thanking you for every aspect of that post, and in thanking God for how things have worked out for your equipment, and for your truly Christian testimony.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia