Thread: How Can I export my Notes

Default How Can I export my Notes

Dear BW Users, I wanted to ask if it is possible to export the Verse notes as a whole into another Document such as Word. That means: I want to have my notes on each single verse of a Book, say Eph 1,1; 1,2 and so forth, copied completely into Word. Is that possible or do I have to copy pase it verse by verse? Thanks ! Peter

If you open Word, you can use File > Open and then navigate to the BibleWorks notes folder and open each book folder. You could open each verse note one at a time or select all of the files in the book folder and open them all at once in Word. They will appear as separate documents. The *.bww format opens in Word without any alteration except some of the features of the BW files will not natively work in Word, like mousing over a verse reference and seeing a popup window.

Is that adequate? Do you want to save all of the notes as one file or as separate files for each book or chapter? Do you want the final output to be html like a web page or rtf which is similar to the BW format. It could also be saved as text files or pdf?

If you want to open them in a different program, it will depend on what that program is.
    Last edited by now john; 07-22-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    If you open Word, you can use File > Open and then navigate to the BibleWorks notes folder and open each book folder. You could open each verse note one at a time or select all of the files in the book folder and open them all at once in Word. They will appear as separate documents. The *.bww format opens in Word without any alteration except some of the features of the BW files will not natively work in Word, like mousing over a verse reference and seeing a popup window.

Is that adequate? Do you want to save all of the notes as one file or as separate files for each book or chapter? Do you want the final output to be html like a web page or rtf which is similar to the BW format. It could also be saved as text files or pdf?

If you want to open them in a different program, it will depend on what that program is.
    Thank you, I will check it out, and tell you, if everything went ok, but I could understand it, they way you described it. Did not know that Bww-Files can be opened in Word. Not bad! Peter