Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BW10 Installation image posted

Default Update my BW10 USB drive with latest ISO

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Since you mention DOS I will assume that you are running Windows. I just inserted my BW installation flash drive that I ordered just before BW closed. It is not write protected. I copied a file to it and was able to delete it. Do you have some security setup that invokes write protection for USB drives? Could you test the drive in a different computer to see if it works there? Did you discover the write protection by trial and error or did some message inform you of the problem?

I would try inserting a different USB drive into the computer and see if you could copy a file to it and then delete it.

You could try formatting the drive. If you plan to download the entire ISO to it, the drive cannot be formatted Fat of Fat32. The drive from BW was formatted Exfat. Minimum size for the drive is 32GB.

If worse comes to worse, I have used this drive from Amazon to download the ISO to. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUWZ6J6 It is only $10 with Prime. It is not the fastest USB drive but works OK for storing the ISO download and occasional installation of BW.
    Yes, I'm running Windows 10. The drive is protected. I tried to format it on my laptop and also on a mac, both unsuccessfully. Thanks for the Fat32/Exfat fact. When I get to the office on Monday I'll look at that to see if that is what my problem. Your other solution to get another usb drive is also something I was thinking about. I just wanted to know if anyone had success updating the USB drive. Thanks for your help. Kyle

you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by KKaurin View Post
    Yes, I'm running Windows 10. The drive is protected. I tried to format it on my laptop and also on a mac, both unsuccessfully. Thanks for the Fat32/Exfat fact. When I get to the office on Monday I'll look at that to see if that is what my problem. Your other solution to get another usb drive is also something I was thinking about. I just wanted to know if anyone had success updating the USB drive. Thanks for your help. Kyle

Still can't format, not matter if exfat or fat32. Anyone else have ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by KKaurin View Post
    Still can't format, not matter if exfat or fat32. Anyone else have ideas?
    You could try opening Disk Management as an administrator. Find the UFD that is write protected. Make sure that you have the correct drive as this procedure erases the entire drive. Use the lower half of the page. Right click on the drive letter of that drive. Click on Delete Partition and delete the partition. It will show that the space on the drive is now Unallocated. Right click on Unallocated and click on New Simple Volume. Complete the Wizard the pops up. Part of that procedure will be to format the drive. Since you have had trouble with the drive you might want to uncheck Perform a quick format. It will take longer but during a full format the entire drive is checked for errors.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it is probably time to discard that drive.

Forgive me for asking, but I am not to tech with what I am suppose to do. I just downloaded the iso file, looks like all 23million + kb of it, to my external hardrive. Took about 1 to 2 hours. I do have valid Bibleworks10 activation and many other activation codes for modules I've purchased over the years. When I donwloaded the iso from the site I did not have to enter any codes. Is this right? And, when or if I ever need to reinstall Bibleworks10 and modules, do I download from the autorun in this new iso and download from there, just as if I was using my flash drive?
    Thanks for any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by TM Pastor View Post
    Forgive me for asking, but I am not to tech with what I am suppose to do. I just downloaded the iso file, looks like all 23million + kb of it, to my external hardrive. Took about 1 to 2 hours. I do have valid Bibleworks10 activation and many other activation codes for modules I've purchased over the years. When I donwloaded the iso from the site I did not have to enter any codes. Is this right? And, when or if I ever need to reinstall Bibleworks10 and modules, do I download from the autorun in this new iso and download from there, just as if I was using my flash drive?
    Thanks for any replies.
    If you are installing on a Windows 10 computer, open File Explorer. Find the ISO on the external hard drive and double click on it. A new drive will be created in addition to the c drive and the external hard drive. Usually File Explorer automatically opens to that drive. If not, find the new drive in File Explorer. Then use the new drive just as if you were using a flash drive. Doube click on setup.exe (or setup ... Application; or setup with the blue and white icon, which also is the largest of the three setup files. File Explorer can be configured differently and so display information differently. In an alphabetical list it is the first setup, and the only one that will start the program. If you click on the wrong one, it may open the file in your default text editor or ask you to download an app to open it. It won't hurt anything. Just switch to a different one until the installation begins).

It is essential that new installations only use the downloaded ISO.

Activation codes are not required for downloading the ISO. They will be asked for during the installation process

If you want more details, https://kb.bibleworks.com/index.php?/article/AA-03019
    Last edited by now john; 11-20-2018 at 01:23 AM.