Thread: Installing HALOT and BDAG Modules

Default Installing HALOT and BDAG Modules

During the installation process for BibleWorks 10, I am asked to enter the unlock codes for the HALOT and BDAG modules. Here are my unlock codes:

BDAG XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

HALOT XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

I cannot enter these codes because the windows provided by the BibleWorks 10 installation program only take 4 letters/numbers.
    Last edited by MBushell; 07-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

A) I would encourage you to immediately edit your post and remove those codes. If someone else uses them, you may not be able to do so.
    B) From within BW, you should be using File > Activate Database.
    C) If you don't see your BDAG and HALOT appearing, click on Options > Add new activation code
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Ignoring the first set of characters that identify the module, BW8-10 have 16 alpha-numeric characters. BW7 used twenty alpha-numeric characters. So apparently the codes that you have are for BW7 and will not work with BW10.

If you updated to BW10 you should have received updated activation codes for BW10 and for the modules that you previously owned. Check email and other records to see if you can find them. If not, you may still be able to contact BW support and request updated codes.

MGVH is correct. Activation codes are private and should not be exposed. You ought to immediately edit your post and remove them. You can replace them with BDAG XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX if you want to give a visual presentation of what you are talking about.

To reiterate, the BW10 codes that I have are all given in 5 four-character groupings, so:

HALO-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

If you received the codes from BibleWorks in an e-mail, all you have to do is copy them to your clipboard and then do what the others said to activate codes. BibleWorks will automatically check your clipboard and put your codes in the right place to be activated. But, if you have not copied them from your confirmation e-mail to the clipboard, Bibleworks will not be able to find them.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    If you received the codes from BibleWorks in an e-mail, all you have to do is copy them to your clipboard and then do what the others said to activate codes. BibleWorks will automatically check your clipboard and put your codes in the right place to be activated. But, if you have not copied them from your confirmation e-mail to the clipboard, Bibleworks will not be able to find them.
    Mark Eddy
    A slight correction. You may copy them from any source that is properly formatted. The installing program monitors the clipboard when the codes are requested and will see them. I have installed from an email and from files that I have stored that contain the codes properly formatted.

This is a copy of my backup of the actual codes file with the codes replaced with X's.

This is for BW 8-10.

BW10-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    BDAG-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    HALO-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    UP09-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    METZ-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    NIVO-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    TNIV-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    CSBO-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    NABO-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    LEHS-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    BNGD-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    LUTB-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    ZERW-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

The codes from BW 7 that I have seen have this format.

ZERW XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX