Thread: BW10 as an upgrade from BW9

Default BW10 as an upgrade from BW9

For BW9 users upgrading to BW10 (Media Distribution), may I ask, what kind of code(s) do you receive with your USB package and/or in email?

I ordered my BW10 (Media Distribution) not as an BW9 upgrade and received the USB with a code in the format of BW10-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
    Then, I requested Customer Service to change my order to an BW9 upgrade.
    And now, I received an email from Customer Service with a code in the format of UP09-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

I suppose, I will install and activate the BW10 main program with the BW10-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx code.
    And then, I will input the code UP09-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx to change the installation to an BW9 upgrade, allowing me to access modules contained in BW9 (and not in BW10), eg TWOT and Moody Atlas.

Is my understanding of the procedure correct?

For people who have ordered BW10 (Media Distribution) as an upgrade from BW9, do you receive 2 codes in such format?

Thank you.

Matt

Default Correct format and number of upgrade activation codes

Quote Originally Posted by shalommatt View Post
    For BW9 users upgrading to BW10 (Media Distribution), may I ask, what kind of code(s) do you receive with your USB package and/or in email?

Is my understanding of the procedure correct?

For people who have ordered BW10 (Media Distribution) as an upgrade from BW9, do you receive 2 codes in such format?

Thank you.

Matt
    Yes

I have a text file with about a dozen lines. Each line is a code. Two of the lines are as you described above.

Make a text file like that containing all of your activation codes with one code per line. Have it open in another window.
    Begin the installation of BW.
    When you reach the screen for codes to be entered, simply select and copy all of the lines to the clipboard. BW sees the copy take place and loads them into the form. It is automatic without even needing to paste them into the form.

When you are done store a number of copies of the codes in different places. I have a copy of the installation iso and text file in our safety deposit box, one on my computer, and another on a backup hard drive.

I own four of this usb drive: Transcend 32GB JetFlash 790 USB 3.0 Flash Drive (TS32GJF790K) from Amazon for only $9.99. I have tested each of them, and they work well. I also can fit all of my user created BW data on the usb drive.
    Last edited by now john; 07-04-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Thank you for your reply.

I have printed out a couple copies of the email indeed, as I do understand the importance of those codes.

I also plan to make a backup copy of the USB thumb drive I received.
    One question:-
    Does Windows 7's Copy & Paste good enough to copy the entire content of the USB thumb drive to another new USB 3.0 thumb drive? I currently do have any 'backup' software installed in my PC. If Windows' Copy & Paste is not good enough, which backup freeware do you suggest?

BTW, the USB 3.0 thumb drive I received is a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 32GB (SDCZ48), which is selling US$9.99 equivalent. So, I will pick one up locally. I am really an old school guy who still prefers to buy things from a local physical store rather than from an online source, if possible.

Default Codes for upgrade from BW9 to BW10

Quote Originally Posted by shalommatt View Post
    For BW9 users upgrading to BW10 (Media Distribution), may I ask, what kind of code(s) do you receive with your USB package and/or in email? [...]

I initially received only the BW10-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx code with my USB media -- apparently an oversight by order fulfillment. I emailed Customer Service requesting module codes, and was then sent an email with my module codes, plus the UP09-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx you received (for any databases that were included in BW9 but no longer included in BW10).

My module codes (BDAG, HALOT, LEHS, etc) all appear to be identical to the module codes I received in 2011 for my upgrade to BW9.

David

Thanks Dave. Your reply is another assurance that I have now received all the proper codes.

Matt