Thread: Default font size for Notes tab in Analysis window

Default Default font size for Notes tab in Analysis window

How do I change the default font size in the notes tab? I can't see a 10-point font. It's easy to change the font defaults in the other windows, but I can't figure out this one. Thanks!

I am using BW9 at the moment and I suppose it is just similar for BW10.

You can click the black right arrow in a red box near the edge of the window. It will scroll to the right and you
    will see a drop down box for choosing font size.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have the same question, but the response doesn't answer it. The question is how to change the default size, not the size in any given note. I actually want to change the default font face also. It's a nuisance to have to change it for every single note. The Fonts settings in the Options don't seem to affect it. New notes are always started with 10 point Arial, which is hard for me to read on my little laptop screen. I want to use Verdana. Is it possible to make it the default for all notes?

Quote Originally Posted by ddinnsen View Post
    How do I change the default font size in the notes tab? I can't see a 10-point font. It's easy to change the font defaults in the other windows, but I can't figure out this one. Thanks!
    When in the notes editor, display the full tool bar of the editor. Select the little wrench to display an options window. (This options window will affect only the Notes tab.) You can set the default fonts for English, Greek, Hebrew, Greek Unicode, and Hebrew Unicode.) Click on "OK". If your editor window does not immediately show the proper default font, click on the "Quick Set Font Button" you want (the options window shows you the icons for English, Greek, Hebrew, Greek Unicode, and Hebrew Unicode.)

Note: this will only affect new notes that you create. Existing notes will display using the font setting used to create them. The "Quick Set Font Button" is a handy way to change existing notes -- if the note is all English, control a will select the entire note, and the Quick Set Font button will change the font to your current default.

--Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 07-05-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Clarify -- not the main menu

Perfect! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!