Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies

Default Looking for good online program like logos

My name is Warren, I'm new here , looking for a good program like logos to study Gods word in orginal Hebrew and koine greek with English along side , a good lexicon program. Thank you for those who can help me. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    My name is Warren, I'm new here , looking for a good program like logos to study Gods word in orginal Hebrew and koine greek with English along side , a good lexicon program. Thank you for those who can help me. God Bless.
    Since BibleWorks closed the program cannot be purchased from BibleWorks. This thread was setup to connect those who would like to sell their copy of the program with those who would like to buy one. Search through the thread and "private message" those who are selling to see if they still have a copy to sell. Use the "Thread Tools" tab above to subscribe to this thread to be notified when a seller lists a copy for sale.
    Last edited by now john; 09-27-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Thumbs up I want to get one BW with Original Languages

Hi!
    If anyone haveone BW10 with the Original Language pack, even more, I would like to buy it.

In Christ.

Several issues here. I am running BW 8 and am satisfied and don't plan on doing anything else. I had a friend who died and I was given His copy of BW 9, which I do not intend to use. I plan on giving it to another friend, who is just beginning in the ministry. I do not think that there is any violation here since the dead friend paid for all this already.

I would like to know how to find out if my dead friend had any modules that would need to be reactivated and if there is a procedure for getting his old codes...looking specifically for BDAG and HALOT.

Thanks in advance and so sorry to hear BW is gone...been using it since 3.5.

In Christ,

Ron Snider
    Ron Snider,
    Pastor-teacher, Makarios Bible Church

Quote Originally Posted by ronsnider View Post
    Several issues here. I am running BW 8 and am satisfied and don't plan on doing anything else. I had a friend who died and I was given His copy of BW 9, which I do not intend to use. I plan on giving it to another friend, who is just beginning in the ministry. I do not think that there is any violation here since the dead friend paid for all this already.

I would like to know how to find out if my dead friend had any modules that would need to be reactivated and if there is a procedure for getting his old codes...looking specifically for BDAG and HALOT.
    This thread was setup to facilitate transferring ownership of the BibleWorks program. The usual license is for a single user on devices that he uses. That means that the program should be removed from the previous owner's computer (unless the entire computer is being transferred. Then he would become the single user on that computer.)

Codes usually are supplied by the previous owner. Perhaps there is some document or file that they could be retrieved from. At least you would need the activation code for BW09. (This procedure is for BW10. I don't know if this works in BW09.) If the program is still able to be run on your friend's computer, the codes can be exported to a file. Open BibleWorks, click File, then Activate Database, Options near right lower corner, then Save activation codes to backup file. The file will contain the activation codes.

If the program no longer works, the codes may still be found in the Windows registry unless they have been deleted. Even if the computer no longer works, if the hard drive works, it may be possible to retrieve them from the hard drive.
    Last edited by now john; 09-27-2018 at 01:24 PM.

The best way to find out what codes your departed friend had purchased would be if BibleWorks is still on his computer, and you have access to it (as stated already).
    However, a perhaps bigger problem is that when BibleWorks closed down the company, they specifically stated that for the future only BibleWorks 10 would have any support. So it is possible that even with proper codes automatic the activation of BW9 may no longer work. For a month or so after the company supposedly ceased operation they still had someone available to manually get us caught up. But I suspect that at this time that person is no longer around. It is worth a try, but do not be too surprised if activation does not work. BibleWorks always let you use it for a month before registering it, so it may still work, and I doubt if it will self destruct your computer after the probationary period. But I never tried using an unregistered copy, so I can't say what might happen if someone tried to install BW9 on a computer for the first time now and it could not be registered. Sorry.
    Mark Eddy

Default bendiciones ,quiero una licencia de bible works

Mark Eddy;,cuando fui a comprar una licencia bible works cerro,me costo mucho trabajo juntar el dinero para comprar,me dolió mucho y gran frustración,no poder tener bible works 10 en español ,yo quisiera tener una de las licencia para windows y un pendrive con bible works 10 ,soy maestro de escuela bíblica en uruguay y me urge poder tener el programa

Quote Originally Posted by alientodelcielo View Post
    Mark Eddy;,cuando fui a comprar una licencia bible works cerro,me costo mucho trabajo juntar el dinero para comprar,me dolió mucho y gran frustración,no poder tener bible works 10 en español ,yo quisiera tener una de las licencia para windows y un pendrive con bible works 10 ,soy maestro de escuela bíblica en uruguay y me urge poder tener el programa
    English translation mostly from Google translate

When I went to buy a BibleWorks license, it took me a lot of work to get the money together to buy, it hurt me a lot and a lot of frustration, I could not have BW 10 in Spanish, I would like to have one of the licenses for windows and a pendrive with bible works 10, I'm a Bible school teacher in Uruguay and I urgently need to have the program

Default Older BW versions can still be installed and activated, see kb article AA-03061

"At the end of June, 2018 program and database updates will no longer be available online, except for the BibleWorks 10 maintenance updates. If the following instructions are followed before the end of June, BibleWorks versions prior to version 10 will be able to be activated and installed after June 15, 2018:"

The quotation above is from the knowledge base article AA-03061: Will Activation and Installation of BibleWorks Versions Before Version 10 Be Possible After June 15, 2018?
    But even if you did not backup, you can still have something that has more value than no BW at all.

Using the original installation media the program can be reinstalled and activated. It cannot be updated as those updates are no longer available. You would be stuck there unless you have a backup of the program.

But if you have backed up your Bible Works folder, it can be used to restore the program to the state it was in at the time of the backup.

So if you are using an older version of BW, please back up the entire BW folder, backup the installation media, and backup your activation codes.
    Last edited by now john; 10-01-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyroh View Post
    I have a copy of BibleWorks 10 for Mac for sale. Please PM me if you are interested.
    so could it work on a macbook air? by the way, how much is it?

Dorcas