Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies

καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default BDAG and HALOT Modules (BDAG/HALOT)

I should have gotten these and missed out. Is there anyone you would consider selling me copies they are not using.

Quote Originally Posted by BIBLEfreakMJD View Post
    I should have gotten these and missed out. Is there anyone you would consider selling me copies they are not using.
    Check the first post in this thread.

Update: The BDAG and HALOT Modules are all gone. Only the BW10 program is still available from that source.
    Last edited by now john; 07-18-2018 at 12:33 AM. Reason: BDAG\HALOT no longer available

Default My Bibleworks 9 for a student for free?

Let me first say this: Bibleworks 10 is still absolutely the best Bible software. It is very sad for me that the program cannot continue. But I will keep on using my BW 10 and the modules I have. Next year I am going on pension, but I want to do Psalm research. I hope DV that I may use BW10 still for many years.

Now my question: I know a young man who is still in school (son of a colleague, a minister), and he plans to go to the theological seminary next year. May I give my BW9 (not the modules which I have purchased) with the activation code and DVD to him for free? Or do he have to pay Bibleworks for it?

Looking forward to your answer and is still praying that there will come a way out for Bibleworks to go on again. Thank you very much for the staff of Bibleworks for the gold of Bibleworks. We thank God for the great work you did.

In Christ
    AH (Attie) Bogaards

I think it depends on how you obtained your BW10. If you paid for it fully, ie having no relationship to your BW9, then you surely can give it free to him. However, if your BW10 is an 'upgrade' from BW9, then you may not give your BW9 away. If I remember it correctly, an upgrade costs less than buying a full new copy. This is a license consideration.

Then, there is the technical consideration. Assume it is the former case, then you will need to inform BW staff that you have given your BW9 away to your friend and your friend needs to register the BW9 in his name. But, since BW9 (and all prior versions before BW10) is unlikely to be able to be activated, it seems the only way is to use a backup copy of your installed working BW9 folder to activate a newly installed BW9. Hopefully you have a installed and working BW9.

I might be wrong but I should not be far off.
    Let an official BW staff says the final word.

Default Answer from BW knowledge base

Quote Originally Posted by AH Bogaards View Post
    Now my question: I know a young man who is still in school (son of a colleague, a minister), and he plans to go to the theological seminary next year. May I give my BW9 (not the modules which I have purchased) with the activation code and DVD to him for free? Or do he have to pay Bibleworks for it?
    In Christ
    AH (Attie) Bogaards
    If you upgraded from that licensed copy of BW09 to your licensed copy of BW10, the answer is found in this BibleWorks knowledge base article. https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-02741

This sentence is from that article: "The rule on giving away upgraded copies is that one can do so only if the user buys out the upgrade so that the full price, and thus full royalties, have been paid on both copies. This upgrade buyout is a requirement from our text licensors."

But since the business is closed, such a buyout is not possible. So such a gift may not be given.
    Last edited by now john; 07-18-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    If you upgraded from that licensed copy of BW09 to your licensed copy of BW10, the answer is found in this BibleWorks knowledge base article. https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-02741

This sentence is from that article: "The rule on giving away upgraded copies is that one can do so only if the user buys out the upgrade so that the full price, and thus full royalties, have been paid on both copies. This upgrade buyout is a requirement from our text licensors."

But since the business is closed, such a buyout is not possible. So such a gift may not be given.
    OK. I understand. In that case I will not do it. Thank you for the quick answer.

Default How many extra modules existed for Bibleworks 10?

How many extra modules existed for Bibleworks 10?

Besides the program what existed of modules for Bibleworks 10?

I'm still musing on what to do - iv heard the Aramaic in Accordance is the best, they have this package now on salg for 170 dollars or something which seems bit much. I'm thinking you get a lot overall with Bibleworks as well... And I just hate the Mac design of Accordance... Why oh why did you have to close down Bibleworks.

At least I need to get me some kind of Aramaic module so I can check and have another witness.

Anyone knows about the Ethiopian bibles if there is anything in one of the 3 big programs, Logos, Accordance and Bibleworks? They have this Ge'ez tongue...

I'm impressed that you want to study the Ethiopic text! I did a search for "Ethiopic Bible texts", and came up with a couple of things. Accordance does apparently have a partial Ethiopic Old Testament text available. There is also a Website called ethiopicbible.com, where you can do searches. BibleWorks has a feature called ERMI, which I haven't used very much, that lets you manage links to external sites such as this. There may be more, if you search further.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Todah Rabah

Thanks you very much for the sources David