Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, I did mean "patches".
    How do I get you my email address?
    And thank you for being willing.
    I wonder if the forum could set up something where the patches for past versions could be download like the user databases can be downloaded?

PS I just check my old documentation and validation/activation codes were emailed to me. Fortunately, I still have them.

Yes, I did mean "patches".
    How do I get you my email address?
    And thank you for being willing.
    I wonder if the patches you have for the old versions could be put on the forum for download as the user-made databases?

PS I found my old documentation and the activation codes were emailed to me. Fortunately, I have a hard copy of the email.

Default BW 10 for sale

I have BW 10 for sale $210, please PM or email bosco.jen at g m a i l dot c o m

thanks

Default BW 8 and BW 8 activation still works.

I just saw today that BW is no longer selling BW.
    I have BW 8.
    What do I do if my PC dies and I have to reinstall it on a new one? (As I recall, the installation needed to be authenticated online by BW.)
    How do I get the old updates to BW 8?
    I wonder if the patches you have for the old versions could be put on the forum for download as the user-made databases?

PS I found my old documentation and the activation codes were emailed to me. Fortunately, I have a hard copy of the email.

This should answer your questions.
    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-03061

This is a brief summary of the article.

You must backup the BW8 forlder to something separate from your old PC. You must backup your BW 8 activation codes to something separate from your old PC. You must have a copy of the BW installtion media separate from your PC. Store them all in a safe place.

In the future you can use the copy of the BW installation media to install a new but not-updated copy of BW 8. The activation of BW8 still works online. The upate process does not work online. But if your present BW 8 installation is fully updated then you can use it. Restore the backup and it will overwrite the old not-updated version with your current updated version. Then the new will work the same as the old. But both steps are needed. A new installtion is needed for BW to work on a new PC. The old can be used to update the newly activated version.

I have thought about having patches available. I would suggest this instead. Have the progam folder of fully updated versions of BW8 and BW9 available online. They could be used as described in the knowledgebase article above. Then that backup should be able to update the old. I think there might be problems assembling all of the patches and then making sure that they would work on BW installations that would be different sub-versions of BW8 or BW9.

But using either patches or a backup would only be worth doing if there was enough interest.
    Last edited by now john; 12-02-2018 at 07:30 PM.

If I zip up all the most recent patches for previous versions of BW, anyone who wants them can e-mail me at my name (without a space) at att.net. I can attach the zipped file to my reply to your e-mail. If the folks in charge of the unofficial BibleWorks blog would want to host these zip files, I could send them that way. After unzipping the patches, each user would have to choose which patches he wants to apply. So you just ignore any patches for databases which you do not have or want.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    This should answer your questions.
    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-03061

This is a brief summary of the article.

You must backup the BW8 forlder to something separate from your old PC. You must backup your BW 8 activation codes to something separate from your old PC. You must have a copy of the BW installtion media separate from your PC. Store them all in a safe place.

In the future you can use the copy of the BW installation media to install a new but not-updated copy of BW 8. The activation of BW8 still works online. The upate process does not work online. But if your present BW 8 installation is fully updated then you can use it. Restore the backup and it will overwrite the old not-updated version with your current updated version. Then the new will work the same as the old. But both steps are needed. A new installtion is needed for BW to work on a new PC. The old can be used to update the newly activated version.

I have thought about having patches available. I would suggest this instead. Have the progam folder of fully updated versions of BW8 and BW9 available online. They could be used as described in the knowledgebase article above. Then that backup should be able to update the old. I think there might be problems assembling all of the patches and then making sure that they would work on BW installations that would be different sub-versions of BW8 or BW9.

But using either patches or a backup would only be worth doing if there was enough interest.
    Thank you. I know a few other people that have BW (and the person in charge of our church's bookstore) that will be grateful for the info. I don't know how many of them are aware that BW has shut down.

You are welcome.

Just a reminder that the installation process is very different for BW10.

The ISO from https://www.bibleworks.com/#slide4 (and if it is a Mac, Mac installers) must be downloaded, installed, and activated. No other media should be used. BW10 will still be updated in the usual manner from within the program. Updates will be infrequent. It is best to check for updates after every fresh installation. You will still need activation codes and a backup of all user created files.
    Last edited by now john; 12-03-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    If I zip up all the most recent patches for previous versions of BW, anyone who wants them can e-mail me at my name (without a space) at att.net. I can attach the zipped file to my reply to your e-mail. If the folks in charge of the unofficial BibleWorks blog would want to host these zip files, I could send them that way. After unzipping the patches, each user would have to choose which patches he wants to apply. So you just ignore any patches for databases which you do not have or want.
    Mark Eddy
    Thank you.
    I'm going to backup my entire BW folder as now John suggested. But that only covers me. I'm sure there are others that will be very grateful to you. The unofficial blog, if they are are willing, hosting would likely be simplest for you and those who need them.
    God Bless

Thank you.
    I'm going to backup my entire BW folder as now John suggested. But that only covers me. I'm sure there are others that will be very grateful to you. The unofficial blog, if they are are willing, hosting would likely be simplest for you and those who need them.
    God Bless
    I'm also going to do a simple copy of the BW without using a backup program. (Assuming I have room on my external drive!)

Default Interested in purchase.

I am interested in purchasing a copy if there are any to be had. I do know its a long shot, but I thought I would at least ask on the chance of getting lucky.

Thanks for your time.