Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies

Default Backups

To save some time searching:

1. Can I just copy an existing BW7 install on a Windows 7 PC to USB drive & use the backup to install directly onto a Windows 10 PC?

2. When copying BW7 installation CD's to a USB drive, 3 of the CD's wouldn't copy (#2, 3, 5). They seem to be data files & small autorun files. Anyone know what these are - extras I didn't unlock maybe? Also, will just the #1 & #4 CD's that did copy, end up in a successful working install on a new PC?

Focused in studies & never new BW was closing down. Bought Accordance, but am so used to BW.....

Any assists much appreciated.

Default Sale of Module

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    I may be interested in selling BW10 along with BDAG, HALOT, Futato BHG, ESV study Bible, Zerwick, Walter, Metzger, Wallace and a few other modules. Please message me for details.
    Hello Joan,

would be interested to buy HALOT + BDAG and would offer original pricing.

Please do inform, whether could be interesting for you.

kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by gdl View Post
    To save some time searching:

1. Can I just copy an existing BW7 install on a Windows 7 PC to USB drive & use the backup to install directly onto a Windows 10 PC?

2. When copying BW7 installation CD's to a USB drive, 3 of the CD's wouldn't copy (#2, 3, 5). They seem to be data files & small autorun files. Anyone know what these are - extras I didn't unlock maybe? Also, will just the #1 & #4 CD's that did copy, end up in a successful working install on a new PC?
    No. You must use installation media. It may be though that using the first CD you could make a minimal working installation of BW7. Then you might be able to copy your Windows 7 PC installation and overwrite the Windows 10 installation and it would work.

Another possibility would be to borrow or buy an external CD/DVD drive and see if you could use the installation CD's that you have to make a new installation of BW7 on the Window's 10 machine.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    No. You must use installation media. It may be though that using the first CD you could make a minimal working installation of BW7. Then you might be able to copy your Windows 7 PC installation and overwrite the Windows 10 installation and it would work.

Another possibility would be to borrow or buy an external CD/DVD drive and see if you could use the installation CD's that you have to make a new installation of BW7 on the Window's 10 machine.
    Thank you. I did consider the external drive, but looked around for another solution. In case it's helpful for anyone, I found a free download of "EaseUS Todo PCTrans" which facilitates a wireless transfer between 2 computers. Transfer took awhile, but seems to have worked. I did have to install fonts manually, but nothing else so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gdl View Post
    Thank you. I did consider the external drive, but looked around for another solution. In case it's helpful for anyone, I found a free download of "EaseUS Todo PCTrans" which facilitates a wireless transfer between 2 computers. Transfer took awhile, but seems to have worked. I did have to install fonts manually, but nothing else so far.
    Just to clarify, the installation of BW7 is activated and working normally? Did you have any addon modules? Are they also activated and working normally?

I suspect that anti-piracy features that have been added since then would prevent the same thing from being accomplished with later versions of BW.

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    Just to clarify, the installation of BW7 is activated and working normally? Did you have any addon modules? Are they also activated and working normally?

I suspect that anti-piracy features that have been added since then would prevent the same thing from being accomplished with later versions of BW.
    Activated & working normally as far as I know so far. Did not put it through its paces, but did run it through some basics & saw no issues. No add-ons that I recall - never bought BDAG, HALOT, etc.

Have been looking for BW10 + add-ons & seem to be normally late in seeing/responding to sales. No answer from Joan(?) who listed one for sale recently.

If I discover any non-working functions in transferred BW7, I'll try to remember to post such.

Thanks for the assist & interest. Appreciated.

Default Sorry for delay

Christoph and gdl, I just messaged you both and there are others, too, who are interested in the purchase. I did not remember that I had to manually check-login to the forums-to obtain messages.

Default BW10 + modules

Hi Joan:

I responded to your private message.

Thank you.

Gary (gdl)

Hi, is there any chance to get a copy of last Bible Works, has anyone one more copy?

I am from Poland, my very good friend showed me this, and it's great. It's a must for a pastor he said and as much as I saw, I agreed.

So Is there any chance to get it?

How does it work? Are there any extras? Is BW 10 only one wersion, or there are a few?

I'd like to get full BW 10 with everything included.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ronisutton View Post
    I may be out of luck, but I thought I would check here before I chuck it. I purchased a copy of BibleWorks Version 10 at an estate auction. It has the usb drive, which I can open and see files, the instructions, the box and the activation key. Apparently, because it was previously installed, it cannot be used. Is that the case? I sold it on Ebay and the guy who bought it said it would not install. I refunded his money and he returned it to me. I know that the people who had it are no longer using it because it was an estate sale. Is it worthless or is there some way to unlock it? Thank you for your help in advance.
    An estate auction is an odd place to find BibleWorks, but if it came with the license number/unlock code, it should be good. The problem would be if the person's computer was sold with BibleWorks still on it. If the purchaser of the computer wanted to use BibleWorks, you should really return the USB drive to that person. If that person does not use Bible software, you might get the unlock code from that computer, if the BibleWorks files have not been erased. My experience with estate sales has been in small towns where the auctioneer knew many of the buyers and could put them in touch with each other. That may not be possible in your case, but it is worth a try.
    Mark Eddy