Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell BibleWorks licensed copies

Quote Originally Posted by PtolemyTortoise View Post
    Iíve worked out I paid $212 for the BDAG/HALOT bundle alone, and another $200 for BW9.
    Will listen to offers!
    Will sell BW9 for $50
    BDAG and HALOT combined for $110

Will sell BW9 for $50
    BDAG and HALOT combined for $110
    Keen to get this sorted, so will accept $75 for my BDAG and HALOT combined code, or $100 for BW9 with the BDAG/HALOT. PM me ASAP

Keen to get this sorted, so will accept $75 for my BDAG and HALOT combined code, or $100 for BW9 with the BDAG/HALOT. PM me ASAP
    Will these work on bw10?

Quote Originally Posted by yamero View Post
    Will these work on bw10?
    Yes I believe so. Could anyone else confirm? I bought BW9 and then separately the BDAG/HALOT codes; can I sell the lectionary codes and will they work on someone elseís BW10?

Yes I believe so. Could anyone else confirm? I bought BW9 and then separately the BDAG/HALOT codes; can I sell the lectionary codes and will they work on someone elseís BW10?
    The BDAG and HALO codes, as well as the others that I own, are the same for BW8, 9, and 10.

Default Can folks us BW6 on current operating systems like Windows 7-10?

I just saw this thread and commiserate with anyone who wants the excellent BibleWorks product yet is unable to get a copy anymore.
    So I wonder if someone is desperate enough to use BibleWorks 6? Can BW6 even be used on modern operating systems?
    (I also have my BW9 disks from which I upgraded to BW10, but I think I need to keep the code to use with my BW10, don't I? Sorry, I guess I'm a bit ignorant.)

But If somebody needs BibleWorks really bad, then I could see about mailing the old BibleWorks 6 to them--or do you suppose some third-world seminary could use the old BW6?
    Does anyone know if there is a group distributing old software to needy Christians with old systems?

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Mark,

Thanks for doing this for people my ip birthday wishes tneb who missed the sale. I know of others who have done this as well and I even bought up a few myself, but those won't become available until other sources have dried up. Therer are also a few resellers that have some stock.

I want to emphasize to BW10 users that there is no reason to crossgrade to another package. If BibleWorks 10 suits your needs they just keep using it. The forum and knowledge base will remain active as long as people find them helpful.

Everyone else,

We are exploring opportunities for the future. I cannot say anything now but if the Lord wills, BibleWorks may resurface in a form that is much better to suit the needs of the church. In the mean time we can be thankful for the generous spirit exhibited by Mark. We are not worthy of such users.

Mike

M
    I personally purchased a few thousand dollars' worth of BibleWorks before the deadline, in order to make them available to those who may have missed the deadline, but still wish to purchase BibleWorks. I hoped that this might help out a few people until, God willing, some store or school is authorized to resume selling BW10. This has not yet happened, but I keep praying.
    Last edited by GATYRA; 10-24-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Default Question about selling my copy

I upgraded my mac to Catalina and now cannot access BW. Instead of running parallels, I'd like to sell it. I have BW10 along with HALOT and BDAG and would like to sell them.

I have the activation codes, but how do I uninstall and unregister my software? I know the BW10 software is downloadable, but what about the HALOT and BDAG? I'm just not sure how all of this works.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
    I upgraded my mac to Catalina and now cannot access BW. Instead of running parallels, I'd like to sell it. I have BW10 along with HALOT and BDAG and would like to sell them.

I have the activation codes, but how do I uninstall and unregister my software? I know the BW10 software is downloadable, but what about the HALOT and BDAG? I'm just not sure how all of this works.

Thanks for your help.
    You do not need to uninstall or unregister the software. Just transfer the code(s) to the purchaser(s). They may be sold together or separately. The BW10 software that is downloadable contains all of the available modules as well. The codes are used when BW is installed to install the main program and any of the extra modules that there are codes for. They are all entered during the installation. If someone already has a running copy of BW but not HALOT or BDAG they can use the codes to add and activate the modules.

All you need to do is transfer the code(s) to the new owner. It's very simple.

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    You do not need to uninstall or unregister the software. Just transfer the code(s) to the purchaser(s). They may be sold together or separately. The BW10 software that is downloadable contains all of the available modules as well. The codes are used when BW is installed to install the main program and any of the extra modules that there are codes for. They are all entered during the installation. If someone already has a running copy of BW but not HALOT or BDAG they can use the codes to add and activate the modules.

All you need to do is transfer the code(s) to the new owner. It's very simple.
    Thank you so much.