Thread: Installing My BW on a new computer

Default Installing My BW on a new computer

I am about to buy a new computer. Will I have a problem installing my current program on the new computer? If so, what do I need to do? Thanks

Default Moving BW9 from old puter to new puter?

i am in same boat, but with BW9 rather than BW10. Can i install from old to new puter w/o having to go thru all 15 or so DVDs and CD and 16 digit codes, or is there no alternative. Any help much appreciated. Pardon my lack of remotely suitable forum skill set... Ed Franks

Quote Originally Posted by pkk View Post
    I am about to buy a new computer. Will I have a problem installing my current program on the new computer? If so, what do I need to do? Thanks
    To install BW10 to a new computer you must download the ISO from the BW home page and use it to install BW. After BW is installed and updated, you can copy user created files from your old computer and add them to the BW folder on the new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by edfranks View Post
    i am in same boat, but with BW9 rather than BW10. Can i install from old to new puter w/o having to go thru all 15 or so DVDs and CD and 16 digit codes, or is there no alternative. Any help much appreciated. Pardon my lack of remotely suitable forum skill set... Ed Franks
    To install BW9 to a new computer, you must use the installation media (cd's, dvd's, or usb drive) that you already have. After it is installed, you can copy the BW folder from the old computer and overwrite the new installation. Then the new installation will be updated to the state of BW on the old computer.

Default Installing BW9

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    To install BW9 to a new computer, you must use the installation media (cd's, dvd's, or usb drive) that you already have. After it is installed, you can copy the BW folder from the old computer and overwrite the new installation. Then the new installation will be updated to the state of BW on the old computer.
    You also need to back up those installation disks and activation codes. They cannot be easily replaced.
    Mike