Thread: Bolded verse in Browse Tab, BW 10

Default Bolded verse in Browse Tab, BW 10

Occasionally I use the Browse Tab in the Analysis Window to display the text of the Browse Window in a different version. When I do this, the selected verse is shown in the Browse Tab in bold and blue. (The color might be different in other program color schemes.) This is kind of distracting to me. Is there a way to turn it off? I have looked through all the program options, but didn't find anything about it. I also could not find it mentioned in the Help.

Alternatively, what is the rationale for it? Maybe it wouldn't bother me if I knew why it works like this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EarlMorton View Post
    Occasionally I use the Browse Tab in the Analysis Window to display the text of the Browse Window in a different version. When I do this, the selected verse is shown in the Browse Tab in bold and blue. (The color might be different in other program color schemes.) This is kind of distracting to me. Is there a way to turn it off? I have looked through all the program options, but didn't find anything about it. I also could not find it mentioned in the Help.

Alternatively, what is the rationale for it? Maybe it wouldn't bother me if I knew why it works like this.

Thanks!
    In the Browse Window the active verse is also blue but not bold. It is the same for all of the installed color schemes. The rationale seems to be to easily identify the active verse. It seems there is no way to change this behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlMorton View Post

Thanks!
    I don't use the Browse tab myself, except when trying to figure out how it works, since I prefer the Parallel Versions window.
    I assume the rationale is to emphasize which verse has the focus in the main browse window. I agree that it is annoying to not be able to turn it off.

I would suggest two possible alternatives:
    1. You can start up a new floating browse window (the 3 horizontal bars button on the top of the Browse Window / New Browse Window). This gives you a new browse window that behaves more like the main Browse Window. The downsides are that it always opens with an Analysis pane on the bottom (which takes extra effort to get rid of), and it cannot be automatically scrolled in sync with the main window.
    2. You can use the Parallel Versions Window. On the command line type p xxx yyy ... where xxx etc. are the id's of the versions you want displayed. BW will open the parallel versions window at the current verse.

I hope this is helpful.
    --Jim

Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    In the Browse Window the active verse is also blue but not bold. It is the same for all of the installed color schemes. The rationale seems to be to easily identify the active verse. It seems there is no way to change this behavior.
    The one behavior, the bold blue in the browse tab, I also could find no way around.
    The other one, presenting the search version text in blue in the Browse Window,
    which occurs only in multi-version mode, can be turned off (I could not find a way to change the color). In the BW Option / General / Flags / Brows Window Configuration Options / Enable Browse Window search version color. This also affects how floating browse windows and the Browse Tab display.
    Yeah, I agree that this is quite trivial.

--Jim

OK--thank you both! I honestly had never noticed the blue verse in the Browse window, even though I use it in multiple version mode all the time. On my screen the difference between black text and blue text is pretty subtle--unless it is also bold, of course. I did turn that off.