Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03/12/2019 Update to BW10?

Default 03/12/2019 Update to BW10?

Friends,

When I opened BW10 today, I was surprised to see a notification of two BibleWorks Executable updates, 10.0.8.704 and 10.0.8.710. They are both dated 03/12/2019 and both are 35.68 MB.

When I "Show Descriptions" for these updates, both say they are Windows 10 Compatibility Updates consisting of 23 files: netcheck64.exe, unzip64.dll, bwchooselanguage.exe, ssce5564.dll, HRS32.DLL, unzip32.dll,... (more files not available on screen, evidently).

Are these real? I didn't know any engineering work was being done on BW. I am not installing them for fear something may get corrupted.

Also, I'm stuck on Windows 7 for the present, so even if legit, these updates may not be relevant.

Thanks for any insights...

John

John, I just did a Check for Updates, and it returned these same two updates. Like you, I'm still on Win7, so I'm not touching them. Hope we can get some clarification for Win10 folks, though. Good catch.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default I updated.

So far so good.

Gilbert

Default also ok here

I updated and everything went as expected running BW10 on Windows 10. It was stated previous by Admin that compatibility updates might be issued occasionally. I ran my virus scanner on the entire BW folder and it was clean. I checked BW1000.exe on Virus Total and it was passed as clean on more than 60 AV programs that it uses.

I updated my BW10 version running on the Mac 64bit installer. No problems.

Thanks to now john and others who've tested. Is there any point, does anyone think, in running these updates on Windows 7 systems?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Apply both updates? Or not!!

WRT these updates, it may not be wise to apply both of them. See this post in another thread: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...7212#post37212.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I noticed earlier that two new BibleWorks Executable updates were posted at the same time and reported it to our developer. When that occurs it is an error on our part and if both are chosen and applied at the same time it can cause the program to crash. The extra update has been removed and only one remains. We apologize for the difficulty it may have caused.

If one applied both updates at the same time and the program is now crashing, the procedure here should fix it:
    <https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA-02994>
    Mark Cannon

Default Updates relevant to Windows 7?

Thanks, Mark.

Do you think these updates are relevant to Windows 7? They refer to Windows 10, but do they "fix" anything in 7?

Default Updates

All users on all OS systems should grab the updates. I deleted the first one, but having it does no harm. Just grab the second.
    Mike