Thread: Where is the Bible Works folder?

Default Where is the Bible Works folder?

I was dismayed to read today that Bible Works is closing down (especially as I had just gone online to upgrade from BW9 to BW10!)

"He who hesitates is lost". There is a good sermon illustration here, sadly.

However, they say that:

"If you have a version prior to 10, you need to back up your BibleWorks folder now using whatever backup program you prefer".

My question:

Where would this be on my computer?

I have found a "BibleWorks" file in my Documents folder, but under v9 it is empty, with 0 files, 0 folders, 0 bytes.

Under my older version of Windows I could find my Program Files, but not in Windows 10.

Could someone please help me.

Hi Jim,

The BibleWorks folder should be under C:\\Program Files or C:\\Program Files (x86), assuming that you have installed to the default directory and are using the C: drive. If you are not running with administrator rights you might not be able to get to the Program Files folder.

If you have not been able to upgrade to BibleWorks 10 yet, you might contact Mark Eddy via his post "BibleWorks Resale" in the General Discussion section of the forum. He bought some extra copies and is offering them for sale to those who missed the announcement. These won't be upgrade versions, but full versions of BW10.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thank you very much.

And thank you for the many years of help with Bible Works. I think that my first version was BW3, with some 48, 3.5 inch discs.

Thank you, Jim. It has been a good run! I started using BW long before I started working here. I started with version 2.3. it came on (I think) 26 disks. Having one flash drive for installation is so much nicer than feeding all of those disks into the machine!

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver