Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: CHM reader disappearing a few seconds after opening

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    That is a great idea. Unfortunately, due to a disability I have, I can't use the shift key easily, so don't have that selected. But I really appreciate the idea. I wish there was a way that the CHM reader could be seen as a second BW window, that would be really useful.
    What version of macOS are you running? I ask because I have an idea that might at least allow you to put the two windows side by side using the OS full-screen controls.
    Last edited by dtrotzjr; 06-21-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: To clarify why I am asking about OS version.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    701

    Default

    If all else fails, you could try deleting the bw1000.ini file and restarting BibleWorks. You can do this by going to the BibleWorks menu on the top of the window, then selecting the option to "Run BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options". In that window you can check the box under Option 1 to "Delete the BW1000.INI file". Note that if you have made customizations to the BibleWorks interface, these will be lost and have to be redone.

    Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Dunk, what version of the Mac Installer are you running? I believe this was fixed a while ago in the most recent Mac Installer dmg (10-44) files:

    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...Installer.html

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    295

    Default

    I am running 10-44 and if you hover over text in the browse window it updates the analysis window and hides the CHM resource.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    If all else fails, you could try deleting the bw1000.ini file and restarting BibleWorks. You can do this by going to the BibleWorks menu on the top of the window, then selecting the option to "Run BibleWorks Trouble-Shooting Options". In that window you can check the box under Option 1 to "Delete the BW1000.INI file". Note that if you have made customizations to the BibleWorks interface, these will be lost and have to be redone.

    Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glen I do not think this fixes Dunk's issue and it will remove his settings.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Hi John,

    You may be right about that.

    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I am running 10-44 and if you hover over text in the browse window it updates the analysis window and hides the CHM resource.
    Interesting, I am running 10-44 as well but it does not hide the CHM resource. I wonder what else is different between our setups. (as a side note: I am on the macOS 10.14 Mojave beta). What if he moved the BW1000.INI file aside so that if it does not fix the issue he can put it back, and if it does the clue is in the ini file.

    --
    David
    Last edited by dtrotzjr; 06-21-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: to clean up my post

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Hi David,

    Yes, that is a good option. Moving the file is a little more difficult on the Mac since the files are in the installer bottle. Many people aren't comfortable delving into the file system, so I was hesitant to suggest that option.

    Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrotzjr View Post
    Interesting, I am running 10-44 as well but it does not hide the CHM resource. I wonder what else is different between our setups. (as a side note: I am on the macOS 10.14 Mojave beta). What if he moved the BW1000.INI file aside so that if it does not fix the issue he can put it back, and if it does the clue is in the ini file.

    --
    David
    I have the same issue with the 64bit beta. Not sure about setting except if I set it to only change analysis with the shift key, I do not have the problem. I still have the popups. Sorry, not willing to mess with the ini file to test things.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Dunk,
    If you are up to it, you can try the following:

    1) Close BibleWorks
    2) Open the Terminal app. (Command + Space and enter Terminal, select Terminal).
    3) Rename your existing bw1000.ini to bw1000.ini.bak file by pasting this into the terminal window and pressing enter:
    mv -v ~/Library/Application\ Support/BibleWorks/Bottles/bibleworks/drive_c/Program\ Files/BibleWorks\ 10/bw1000.ini{,.bak}
    4) Open BibleWorks and test to see if problem still exists.
    Make a note of the results and then close BibleWorks
    5) Rename
    bw1000.ini.bak back to bw1000.ini by pasting this into the Terminal window:
    mv -v ~/Library/Application\ Support/BibleWorks/Bottles/bibleworks/drive_c/Program\ Files/BibleWorks\ 10/bw1000.ini{.bak,}

    You can now restart BibleWorks and continue to use it with none of your settings changed. Depending on the results of this test, the developers might have something more to go by in regard to the main window being moved to the foreground.

    --
    David




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •