Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CHM reader disappearing a few seconds after opening

Dunk,
    I was asking about the version of macOS you are using because if you are using 10.11 or newer you can use macOS's split window full screen feature to see both windows side by side. To set it up open BibleWorks, then open the CHM viewer. Click and hold the green fullscreen button on the main BibleWorks window.

The screen will scale out and place a light blue overlay on one side of the screen with the main window hovering over it. Release the button at which point the second half of the screen will show any other windows that are eligible to fill that space, select the CHM viewer window and it will fill the second half of the screen.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.13.50 PM.png
Views: 186
Size:  5.7 KB

If you want to adjust the proportions of the two windows, move your mouse over the boundaries between the two sides and drag the divider to your desired location.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.24.07 PM.png
Views: 198
Size:  649.1 KB

I hope this helps. See Apple's official support article on this topic:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204948

And for a visual demo see:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWhzeHKeAWU

I hope this helps!
    --
    David

Hi all, thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I'm running a fresh install of BW10 with the latest Mac 64bit installer beta, and I'm on OSX 10.12.6. OSx's split screen feature is not an option because I run this off a projector in 720p, so split screen is too small.
    I'm guessing that its not worth deleting the ini file given that its a fresh install and the problem was noticeable right from installation?
    thanks
    Duncan Forbes
    New Life Church, Roehampton, London
    www.newlifelondon.com
    www.duncanf.blogspot.com

Hi Duncan,

You are correct that if this problem has always been there before you made any changes to the ini file that deleting it would not be of benefit.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    ... I'm running a fresh install of BW10 with the latest Mac 64bit installer beta, and I'm on OSX 10.12.6. ...
    OK, that's helpful to know. I'll test this again on the x64 beta version. I just tested it on the current 32-bit version (10-44) and it works fine there....

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    ...I'm running a fresh install of BW10 with the latest Mac 64bit installer beta, and I'm on OSX 10.12.6. ...
    Dunk, I'm running the 64-bit beta8 with the 10.0.8.610 EXE.

After starting BibleWorks I selected Resources | Greek Grammars | Wallace...

The Wallace Greek Grammar chm opens and is fine. What steps are you following to produce the error you are seeing?

Name:  Screenshot 2018-06-22 17.28.03 (Small).png
Views: 174
Size:  153.9 KB
    Thanks!
    Michael
    Last edited by admin; 06-22-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Hi Michael, I just need to hover over anything in the browse window and then Wallace's grammar will disappear behind Bibleworks.
    Hope that helps
    Duncan
    Duncan Forbes
    New Life Church, Roehampton, London
    www.newlifelondon.com
    www.duncanf.blogspot.com

Duncan, would you mind trying the current 10-44 Mac Installer (32-bit) and see if it behaves differently?

Michael,
    I am running 10.44 32bit and have the same problem. The program wants to implement the analysis window on hover and hides the CHM resource just like the 64bit installer.

jfidel and dunk,

Would you be able to post a link to a Quicktime screen recording showing how to reproduce the bug? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing...

Thanks!
    Michael

Michael,
    I had to revert back to High Sierra 10.13.5 after a failed beta 2 update for Mojave. Anyhow, once I downgraded, the problem appeared for me, but never did on Mojave. I am attaching the video here.

--
    David