Thread: Many thanks on this last day of sales

Default Many thanks on this last day of sales

So many folks have already written so much that it seems like there isn't much to say that wouldn't be redundant. I've already written to the people I have met personally or come to know at BibleWorks. But I would not like for this last day of sales to go by without taking a few minutes to thank again all those involved in BW for their commitment to making and maintaining a tool for the good of the Church and guided by principles that often go against accepted practice... even though that can sometimes mean writing a final chapter. The usefulness of BW has borne fruit in literally thousands of books, scholarly or otherwise, journal articles, sermons, Bible studies, and probably much more.

1 Cor. 15:58 has come to my mind several times over the last couple weeks: "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

Personally, BW—with the other major programs but in a much more major way—has been a constant part of my research and preparation, as a pastor, a Ph.D. student, a teacher a writer, and simply a Christian trying to understand Scripture. Many, many thanks.

Many thanks as well to the members of the forum who have often helped me understand the intricacies of BW a little better. I have very much benefited from the discussions—always informative, courteous, generous, and fraternal.

BW's desire to run against the grain of the materialistic, consumer oriented culture in which we live, and which often spills over into the Church, has often been an encouragement to me. I deeply appreciate your desire to serve Jesus Christ in, and through, what you do. May that spirit continue to bear fruit for his Kingdom.

With gratitude and best wishes,

Don Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Amen to all of that, Don! I continue to pray, as Mike has requested, that God may provide a way for the program to continue, however unforeseeable that may be at present. In fact, I'm in the midst of using BW to write a sermon on 2 Cor. 5:6-17, including v. 7, "for we walk by faith, not by sight," διὰ πίστεως γὰρ περιπατοῦμεν, οὐ διὰ εἴδους!

Of course, I copied that in here using the BW Popup Copy feature! Now to take a close look at εἶδος--"by sight," or "by what is seen"?...
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I plan on using BW10 as long as I am able. I shudder to think of the day it will no longer work. We live in a day where there are a lot of excellent helps. There are a lot of good exegetical and expositional commentaries. Galaxie’s journal access is a huge blessing. But for me and in my opinion there is the need to go to the text first. When I do this I have greater conviction and confidence in what I preach/teach. I have thought it through for myself with all of the nuances and side relations involved. It is assuring when I read some scholar coming to the same conclusion. It is also a good challenge when the commentaries and articles don’t come up with my conclusion. Then it is time for reevaluation. When I do read the commentaries and articles I read them with an understanding of the issues involved. I fear that too often this first step is missing (due to time restraints I have done that). Sometimes when this happens there is an acceptance of an interpretation without the understanding of the whole issue. BW10 has helped me to be able do the first searching of the text that is needed.
    I also appreciatedBW’s ministry mind set and business model. I have looked at the cross over upgrade programs offered by Logos and Accordance. They are tremendous deals incomparison to their other packages but they are still out of my reach. I probably have 8 to 10 good years of pastoring left (by God's grace maybe longer). I hope BW will still be working then. Thank you BW staff and company for all you have enabled me to do. You have cut my prep time which has enabled me to dig deeper and more soundly.

And praise the Lord; He is still on the Throne!

I Cor. 15:58
    Charlie
    Last edited by Chas; 06-15-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Default Thanks

Thanks to all for the prayers and gratitude.

For what it is worth, BibleWorks 10 will continue to work for the people who depend on it. Even without my intervention it would likely do so for a very long time. Windows has always been good about backwards compatibility. Incompatibilities usually arise from drive issues and BW does not have any of those. In any case I will be there to maintain compatilbility and fix the occasional bug.

I do not know what the future hold for BibleWorks. Only God knows that. I am considering many options. So don't stop praying. Something even better may rise from the ashes. God can surprise us all.

Mike