Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Unable to open Bibleworks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default Unable to open Bibleworks

    Tom L here.
    Recently reloaded bibleworks. The program loads (appears to fully load) and then I am prompted to register bibleworks. I have already done so and go through the process and when finished that window closes and everything goes away. Nothing. I repeat the process and the same thing happens. I have tried running as administrator, same thing nothing. Like many of you i have limited available time to look for solutions. Sunday is coming. I have tried reloading, had a good connection with the jump drive, and checked several other things. I am hoping that it might be something within the program that just needs prompting or making the program visible, etc. Thanks for any and all help. Blessings to you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom L View Post
    Tom L here.
    Recently reloaded bibleworks. The program loads (appears to fully load) and then I am prompted to register bibleworks. I have already done so and go through the process and when finished that window closes and everything goes away. Nothing. I repeat the process and the same thing happens. I have tried running as administrator, same thing nothing. Like many of you i have limited available time to look for solutions. Sunday is coming. I have tried reloading, had a good connection with the jump drive, and checked several other things. I am hoping that it might be something within the program that just needs prompting or making the program visible, etc. Thanks for any and all help. Blessings to you.
    What do you click on when the registration screne comes up?

    I am not sure what you mean by "reload". Did you reinstall on the same machine or a new machine? What media did you use for the install and when did you get it? How many times have you installed?

    Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 06-22-2018 at 10:54 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Tom, can you supply a bit more information?
    1. Are you running on Mac or PC?
    2. Are you running the most recent program files? Please follow these steps: https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...ibleWorks.html

    3. Are you having trouble with the Registration windows or the Activation Window? What message is shown when the window opens?
    Last edited by admin; 06-22-2018 at 11:24 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default reinstalled on same computer

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    What do you click on when the registration screne comes up?

    I am not sure what you mean by "reload". Did you reinstall on the same machine or a new machine? What media did you use for the install and when did you get it? How many times have you installed?

    Mike
    Hi Mike,
    It all started when I was doing an "update" (I believe it was Wtt and Wtm Hebrew) and the program disappeared, went away and would no longer open. I don't know what happened. So, I uninstalled the program from my primary computer and after reloading it the program will not open. I have used Bibleworks on this computer (surface pro 3) for 3-4 years and all has worked wonderfully. I am now hesitant to update from the computer I am presently posting this from. I still have bibleworks on this computer. Praise God for that. I may have installed the program 3-4 times on my computer since the problem. I installed the program with the jump drive that I have used successfully on that computer as well as the computer I am on now. What I mean by registration I mean to register with Bibleworks. Now each time I open the program I am prompted to register with Bibleworks.
    Last edited by Tom L; 06-22-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: more info needed

  5. #5

    Default BW10 aborts on opening

    My BW!) on pc worked for two months well. Then after some updates, it aborts on opening. I was instructed to uninstall. i did so and then re-installed. Same thing. I tried with Norton to see if my firewall or antivirus had anything to do with BW10 aborting. No luck. They took over my desktop and worked on it for an hour. No luck.

    I feel now that I have been had having bought BW10. I shall try to go back to BW7. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    frank c.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default how did you uninstall

    I had a similar problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of different ways but without success. I then ran the installation program. It gave me the option of uninstalling. I used it to uninstall BW. I rebooted. Then I used the installation program a second time to successfully reinstall the program.
    Last edited by now john; 06-23-2018 at 06:17 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,072

    Default uninstalling

    Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    I had a similar problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of different ways but without success. I then ran the installation program. It gave me the option of uninstalling. I used it to uninstall BW. I rebooted. Then I used the installation program a second time to successfully reinstall the program.
    That is a good idea. You can also try unchecking the "check web for updates" option on the setup screen that asks you for the installation type. Also when you uninstall you should go back and delete the original BW folder. The uninstaller won't delete any files created or changed since the installation. SO get rid of it all before reinstalling.

    Mike

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    That is a good idea. You can also try unchecking the "check web for updates" option on the setup screen that asks you for the installation type. Also when you uninstall you should go back and delete the original BW folder. The uninstaller won't delete any files created or changed since the installation. SO get rid of it all before reinstalling.

    Mike
    Yes, I did both of those things. I did not allow checking for web updates. Before the uninstallation I closed BibleWorks and then renamed the BibleWorks folder to xxxx. That way I saved notes, queries, verse lists, and things like that. I can copy them back in later. Just don't copy .ini files unless you know what you are doing.

    After the successful reinstallation I did the program updates in stages. First the main program, then the important updates that I wanted, then the optional ones.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by now john View Post
    I had a similar problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of different ways but without success. I then ran the installation program. It gave me the option of uninstalling. I used it to uninstall BW. I rebooted. Then I used the installation program a second time to successfully reinstall the program.
    Thanks, now john. I will try that and see what happens. Actually in the meantime I reinstalled BW7 in order to finish a paper. That is working fine. I will let you know what happened.

    frankc c

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    That is a good idea. You can also try unchecking the "check web for updates" option on the setup screen that asks you for the installation type. Also when you uninstall you should go back and delete the original BW folder. The uninstaller won't delete any files created or changed since the installation. SO get rid of it all before reinstalling.

    Mike
    thanks for your observation and suggestionMBushnell. I will take it into account.

    frank c.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •