Thread: Mapping file error message when I open BibleWorks 10

Default Mapping file error message when I open BibleWorks 10

I get the following message when I open BibleWorks 10 version 10.0.8.607, "OTP version has mapping file error in this line JUB 27:18 A10 1:2 QST". Is there an easy fix?

Yep! I'm getting the same one, even though I installed a mapping file update that came out today. Problem still persists.

Dsve
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default mapping file

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    I get the following message when I open BibleWorks 10 version 10.0.8.607, "OTP version has mapping file error in this line JUB 27:18 A10 1:2 QST". Is there an easy fix?
    You can edit out the offending verse by opening otp.vmf in a text editor and removing the problem mapping.
    I posted a corrected VMF files update with the change.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    You can edit out the offending verse by opening otp.vmf in a text editor and removing the problem mapping.
    I posted a corrected VMF files update with the change.
    Mike
    Maybe I am doing this wrong but I downloaded an updated BibleWorks patch with the new verse mapping file and now I get a different error message for a different line. The OTP version has a mapping file error in this line: Jub 27:20 A10 1:5 QST. I thought that the new patch would fix the issue. I am not sure what "removing the problem mapping" meant.
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 06-13-2018 at 02:57 PM.

NVM. This was an error for Ver 7.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMiller View Post
    NVM. This was an error for Ver 7.
    I am running BibleWorks 10, not ver. 7. Unless you meant something else which I am clueless. Please let me know more specifics such as what NVM means. Thank you! (I am used to reporting an issue and having tech support fix it or give directions. In the future, I have no idea how I will get the right support.)
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 06-14-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Default Mapping file error

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    I am running BibleWorks 10, not ver. 7. Unless you meant something else which I am clueless. Please let me know more specifics such as what NVM means. Thank you! (I am used to reporting an issue and having tech support fix it or give directions. In the future, I have no idea how I will get the right support.)
    Grab the VMF update again and see if that helps.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Grab the VMF update again and see if that helps.
    Mike
    Touchdown! Thank you, Mike, for bearing with me.

Sorry for causing you problems. I added the OTP mappings to QST so that there is some English translation for the Qumran Hebrew database. But, if you did not purchase the Qumran add-on, this mapping does not make sense to BibleWorks on your computer. I have found more correspondence between OTP and QST since I sent the update to Michael. Somehow I'll have to find a way to make this available on the BibleWorks blog individually instead of lumping it together with other verse map files. Again, sorry for causing this problem.
    Christ's,
    Mark Eddy