Thread: Importing HTML files into BW10

Default Importing HTML files into BW10

I have the RSV 2nd Catholic Edition ("The Ignatius Bible") on my phone, in the form of a multitude of HTML files. Each file seems to be a chapter of the Bible.

When I open the files into my desktop browser each verse number appears to by hyperlinked in blue, but clicking the "link" doesn't lead to anything. I assume they're some kind of verse markers.

How can I import those files into BW10?

Thanks for your help!

Default Creating Modules

There are two ways to create a module in BibleWorks. For a Bible version, the best way is to create a text file and import it using the Version Database Compiler. The format is very precise, and has to be followed exactly. The instructions for creating the proper file format and for compiling it using the Version Database Compiler are in the Help file, Chapter 67 Compiling Version Databases.

The second way to create a module is a little more flexible, but does work in the Browse Window. It appears in the Resource Summary Window instead. This second way is to create a CHM file according to the instructions found in the Help file, Chapter 68 Custom Modules. With additional work you make verse-based CHM modules work in the Verse Tab, according to the instructions listed in the Help file.

I'm sorry that there isn't a quick and easy way to import HTML files into BibleWorks as a module. It will take some work to convert a whole collection of HTML files into a single text file that follows the instructions exactly, though it is doable. Knowing (or knowing a friend who knows) a programming language would really help shorten the process!

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    There are two ways to create a module in BibleWorks. I'm sorry that there isn't a quick and easy way to import HTML files into BibleWorks as a module. It will take some work to convert a whole collection of HTML files into a single text file that follows the instructions exactly, though it is doable.
    Thanks, Glenn! I will look into it. And maybe see about recruiting a friend...

Steve

Hi Stpetric,
    I would like to try to help you.
    Send me (pasgil@alice.it) some (or all) html files (in a zip file) so I can check how they are formatted.
    Do you prefer to build a Bible "version" or a Bible "module"?
    Pasquale
    Last edited by pasquale; 06-14-2018 at 06:31 AM.