Thread: Popup Verse Copy Bug?

Default Popup Verse Copy Bug?

I know BW is closing. I really love some features that BW has. I give my sincere appreciation here! I'm also thankful that compatibility will continue to be maintained so that we may continue to use the program!

I have two questions:
    1. Will the database continue to be updated? For instance, if the BHS database is updated, will BW update the module? This will affect search results. So it is a crucial question.
    2. Will the bugs (if there are) of the current version (BW10) be fixed?

It seems to me there is a bug in the Popup Verse Copy Window. Exporting the NT (NA28) text is good. But Exporting the Hebrew text (WTT) is problematic.

For instance, exporting Mat 1 will export Matthew chapter 1, but exporting Gen 1 will export only Gen 1:1.
    Exporting Mat 1-2 will export Matthew chs. 1-2, but exporting Gen 1-2 will export only Gen 1:1-2.

Blessings,
    Martin
    Martin Zhang

Default Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzh View Post
    I know BW is closing. I really love some features that BW has. I give my sincere appreciation here! I'm also thankful that compatibility will continue to be maintained so that we may continue to use the program!

I have two questions:
    1. Will the database continue to be updated? For instance, if the BHS database is updated, will BW update the module? This will affect search results. So it is a crucial question.
    2. Will the bugs (if there are) of the current version (BW10) be fixed?

It seems to me there is a bug in the Popup Verse Copy Window. Exporting the NT (NA28) text is good. But Exporting the Hebrew text (WTT) is problematic.

For instance, exporting Mat 1 will export Matthew chapter 1, but exporting Gen 1 will export only Gen 1:1.
    Exporting Mat 1-2 will export Matthew chs. 1-2, but exporting Gen 1-2 will export only Gen 1:1-2.

Blessings,
    Martin
    I am not sure what you mean by "the database". Databases which we license will in general not be updated with new material, though some typos may be fixed. Databases which we own may be updated. When you say this is a crucial question you have to realize that the internet has made search result consistency almost impossible across applications. Any database produced by virtually anyone is out of date as soon as it is published. It's a sad fact of where we are.

Major bugs will be fixed as they come up and I have time. It depends on where the bug is, how many people are affected and how much time it takes. I receive no income from maintaining the program, web site, forum, etc. so it has to be "as I am able".

With regard to the export issue, try entering the range explicitly, like Gen 1:1-10. Hebrew cannot be exported multiple chapters at a time. This is unlikely to change. If you need that try the Tools | Importing/Exporting | Export Database.

Mike

Hello Mike,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    1. I meant the source database that BW uses. I agree that the update mostly involves typos.
    2. I did not know that we could not export multiple chapters from WTT. It is good to know. But I would still want, if possible, to export Gen chapter 1 by typing "Gen 1". I had to export 30+ chapters of the Hebrew text last night. I had to first find out how many verses a specific chapter has in order to export the entire chapter. This requires a few more steps which are unnecessary if I could export the entire chapter by giving just the chapter number. Is this possible? I do understand that you are not paid and obligated to do so. I sincerely appreciate your kindness!

Blessings,
    Martin
    Martin Zhang