Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnaround time on a recent BW10 media order

Default Turnaround time on a recent BW10 media order

I have always, in the back of my mind, thought I would purchase BW at some point. That point occurred when I heard that BW was closing down and that the price was discounted. I had to get in on this before the window closed.

I know the response to this turn of events must be staggering. You guys must be swamped.

Still, if I can bother you with the question of turnaround time on my order. Any idea how soon recent orders can expect to be filled? Also, if my order has not yet shipped, could I modify my order and download instead? I'm concerned that the June 15 window will close before I can decided on BW modules. I hope to get acquainted with BW before I start purchasing modules.

I've always heard that "the lack of preparation on my part does not constitute an emergency on your part." In other words, if I didn't order BW early enough to get all that I can out of it, it is my fault, not yours. But if you could answer my questions, I'd really appreciate it.

Looking forward to learning BW!

Default turnaround time

Quote Originally Posted by AggiePastor View Post
    I have always, in the back of my mind, thought I would purchase BW at some point. That point occurred when I heard that BW was closing down and that the price was discounted. I had to get in on this before the window closed.

I know the response to this turn of events must be staggering. You guys must be swamped.

Still, if I can bother you with the question of turnaround time on my order. Any idea how soon recent orders can expect to be filled? Also, if my order has not yet shipped, could I modify my order and download instead? I'm concerned that the June 15 window will close before I can decided on BW modules. I hope to get acquainted with BW before I start purchasing modules.

I've always heard that "the lack of preparation on my part does not constitute an emergency on your part." In other words, if I didn't order BW early enough to get all that I can out of it, it is my fault, not yours. But if you could answer my questions, I'd really appreciate it.

Looking forward to learning BW!
    Product delivery could well be after June 15 depending on when you ordered. We are swamped with orders and it will take a while to fulfill them. We are working as fast as we can but the demand is far greater than what we expected. You should contact support about changing the order. See the thread at the top of the General Discussions section.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Product delivery could well be after June 15 depending on when you ordered. We are swamped with orders and it will take a while to fulfill them. We are working as fast as we can but the demand is far greater than what we expected. You should contact support about changing the order. See the thread at the top of the General Discussions section.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I'll do just that.

AggiePastor, just a suggestion that if you haven't looked through the modules carefully yet, you might want to examine the list here: https://store.bibleworks.com/modules.html. It takes awhile to get acquainted with BibleWorks, but you can probably make a lot of decisions about modules even before you do, since most of the modules there are reference works whose purpose is obvious.

First of all, go through and note which ones you already get included in BW10 without needing any purchase or unlock! (I.e., the ones indicated as included in BW7 or 8 and later.) Consider your needs: do you want to learn the original languages? Do you already know them? Do you know (or want to learn) just enough about them to use tools like the Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (where just knowing how to recognize words in Greek is about all you need to follow the articles)? Are you interested in detailed textual criticism (Text of The Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts), or just in getting an idea why one reading is preferred over another throughout the NT (Metzger's Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament; you do need some Greek to use this)? Some of the modules are focused on a highly specialized audience, such as the Grammar of Palestinian Jewish Aramaic. Others are usable by pretty much anyone (Crossway ESV Bible Atlas).

Don't forget the WORDsearch modules at the bottom--those dictionaries are really good, and don't require knowledge of the biblical languages; but I presume they'll continue to be available from WORDsearch for the foreseeable future, so they wouldn't require an urgent decision.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    AggiePastor, just a suggestion that if you haven't looked through the modules carefully yet, you might want to examine the list here: https://store.bibleworks.com/modules.html. It takes awhile to get acquainted with BibleWorks, but you can probably make a lot of decisions about modules even before you do, since most of the modules there are reference works whose purpose is obvious.

First of all, go through and note which ones you already get included in BW10 without needing any purchase or unlock! (I.e., the ones indicated as included in BW7 or 8 and later.) Consider your needs: do you want to learn the original languages? Do you already know them? Do you know (or want to learn) just enough about them to use tools like the Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (where just knowing how to recognize words in Greek is about all you need to follow the articles)? Are you interested in detailed textual criticism (Text of The Earliest New Testament Greek Manuscripts), or just in getting an idea why one reading is preferred over another throughout the NT (Metzger's Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament; you do need some Greek to use this)? Some of the modules are focused on a highly specialized audience, such as the Grammar of Palestinian Jewish Aramaic. Others are usable by pretty much anyone (Crossway ESV Bible Atlas).

Don't forget the WORDsearch modules at the bottom--those dictionaries are really good, and don't require knowledge of the biblical languages; but I presume they'll continue to be available from WORDsearch for the foreseeable future, so they wouldn't require an urgent decision.

Thanks, David! I'm really wanting to go ahead and get the HALOT. I have the BDAG in Logos. I figured it would take awhile to get acquainted with BW, but what I was hoping to notice pretty quickly was how the two differed in their exegetical muscle. Logos (until they started the subscription thing) was really meeting my needs, or so it seems. Perhaps I "don't know what I don't know" about BW v. Logos in terms of exegetical muscle. Theoretically, I'd like to have HALOT in the stronger of the programs, but that may not really be a big consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by AggiePastor View Post
    Thanks, David! I'm really wanting to go ahead and get the HALOT. I have the BDAG in Logos. I figured it would take awhile to get acquainted with BW, but what I was hoping to notice pretty quickly was how the two differed in their exegetical muscle. Logos (until they started the subscription thing) was really meeting my needs, or so it seems. Perhaps I "don't know what I don't know" about BW v. Logos in terms of exegetical muscle. Theoretically, I'd like to have HALOT in the stronger of the programs, but that may not really be a big consideration.
    OK, sounds like you know what you're after. Blessings on your quest! You may be in for an intense couple of days.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Don't forget, you have to order the modules before June 15! There won't be sales of either the main product or modules after that date!

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Order Shipment Update

Brothers, appreciate the heavy volume you're under in terms of shipping.

Any update on where you are? I.e., I order 4 media distribution and one module (distribution?) on 6/8. Any idea of eta?

No pressure, just wanted a sense of where things are so I could let this question rest.

Thanks!

Hi reedhere,

I have no idea where in the queue your order may be, but I know that there is still a large backlog of orders to be processed. They will get to your order, but it still might be a week or two before all the orders are completed. (Keep in mind that this is not an official answer, as I do not currently work there.) They will be processing all orders that came in before the deadline, so you won't have to worry about that.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

To give a perspective, I ordered a Media Distribution on the 5th of June. The package was picked up by FedEx on the evening of 12th June at Virginia, USA. It departed Memphis, TN on an international flight and arrived at my doorstep on 15th June.