Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Technical questions as BibleWorks closes down

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default will we need to activate new order before June 15

    Hi everyone,

    I have an old edition of BibleWorks on an old PC of mine, but have been wanting to purchase a new one for my Mac. I'm bummed about the closure of BibleWorks like everyone else here, but would like to jump on the sale on BW 10 while I can.

    Here's my question: I am a missionary overseas who will be returning to the States for a furlough sometime in July. I can't download BW 10, as my connection speeds are not exactly up to American standards. I was planning on purchasing the "Media Distribution" option and loading it when I get to the States. Will there be any issues with using the activation code after June 15?

    Apologies for what is perhaps a stupid question; I'm not much of a tech guy and money is a little tight. Just covering my bases.

    Thanks again to our friends at BibleWorks for the years of serving the body of Christ.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,086

    Default Activation

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I have an old edition of BibleWorks on an old PC of mine, but have been wanting to purchase a new one for my Mac. I'm bummed about the closure of BibleWorks like everyone else here, but would like to jump on the sale on BW 10 while I can.

    Here's my question: I am a missionary overseas who will be returning to the States for a furlough sometime in July. I can't download BW 10, as my connection speeds are not exactly up to American standards. I was planning on purchasing the "Media Distribution" option and loading it when I get to the States. Will there be any issues with using the activation code after June 15?

    Apologies for what is perhaps a stupid question; I'm not much of a tech guy and money is a little tight. Just covering my bases.

    Thanks again to our friends at BibleWorks for the years of serving the body of Christ.
    No, once you have the code you can download/use the media and activate at any time in the foreseeable future. Don't lose the code!

    Mike

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default Activation of BW 10-downloadable version

    Actually, I am a missionary overseas too and yesterday I purchased the downloadable version. I hope I am able to download with my connection speeds are fast enough. If I discover that they are not, am will I still be able to download BW10 when I return to the states in Sept?

    Thank you
    Leslie McKinney Attema

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,086

    Default downloadable version

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesliemc View Post
    Actually, I am a missionary overseas too and yesterday I purchased the downloadable version. I hope I am able to download with my connection speeds are fast enough. If I discover that they are not, am will I still be able to download BW10 when I return to the states in Sept?

    Thank you
    Leslie McKinney Attema
    In a few days there will be a downloadable version posted that has all updates applied. This version will be available indefinitely. Not to worry. You are covered.
    Mike

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    No, once you have the code you can download/use the media and activate at any time in the foreseeable future. Don't lose the code!

    Mike
    Thank you so much for your reply (and to Leslie's question; that was helpful for me, too). And if by chance I happen to scrounge up enough money to purchase a module (thinking specifically BDAG/HALOT, since lugging those physical books around the world is rather difficult) that would still be available to download after June 15, correct?

    Thanks again.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    This is covered in the announcement. For now all the patches are still there. But at some point we will post a CD image (ISO) containing installation files and all updates. That and your activation codes is all you will need going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The activation server will remain online for some time. If and when it goes away we will have a solution. So this is something you don't need to worry about. You will be able to install BW10 on new and old Windows systems for the foreseeable future. And that is all any software package can promise.
    Thanks, Mike. These answer my original questions.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  7. #17

    Default oldinthenew.org

    Will the http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/ be hosted indefinitely (who pays the bill)?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,086

    Default Modules download

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply (and to Leslie's question; that was helpful for me, too). And if by chance I happen to scrounge up enough money to purchase a module (thinking specifically BDAG/HALOT, since lugging those physical books around the world is rather difficult) that would still be available to download after June 15, correct?

    Thanks again.
    The modules have never been available for download. They are all on the distribution media. So all that is needed is activation codes. Once you have those you can install at any time from the installation media. For some of the key modules we may later contact the publishers to see if they want to sell the activation codes themselves. That way BW10 users could still get them after June 15. But there is no certainty that they will want to do this.

    Mike

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,086

    Default oldinthenew

    Quote Originally Posted by ERINCORRIGAN View Post
    Will the http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/ be hosted indefinitely (who pays the bill)?
    This is not run by BibleWorks. It is up to Michael Hanel, who started the site and graciously paid for the bandwidth.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787

    Default Biblia Hebraica ed. Quinta (BHQ)

    I have a question about the future of BibleWorks 10's distribution of the Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ). This is being published a portion at a time; the books currently available are, I think, Deuteronomy, Judges, Ezra-Nehemiah, Proverbs, the 5 Megilloth (Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther), and the Minor Prophets (the 12). At any rate, those are the ones I have. As more portions are released in the future, will they become available for unlock in BibleWorks?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •