Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Technical questions as BibleWorks closes down

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    As we are all reeling from the shock of the closing of BibleWorks, I want to start this thread specifically for us to discuss the technical issues that users will face in the coming days, months, and years. General expressions of gratitude or dismay are accumulating in other threads. I'd like to restrict this one to technical questions (in the broadest sense). Some of us may be able to answer as well as ask them. I don't know whether Mike B. or other BW staff are in a position to join in.

Taking a deep breath....
    Really?? But I have joined this forum today.

Default German Einheitsübersetzung 2016

Hi everybody. Thanks again for all the great work at BibleWorks for us!
    I placed an order for BW 10 immediately after your note on closing and as I saw in the forum, that this really should not be the end of BibleWorks, I am glad that it is not and I really want to stay in the club with you!

As you mentioned to contact publishers for selling modules/activation codes later on:

A question very interesting for German users surely is if there would be a chance to use the Einheitsübersetzung 2016 with BibleWorks 10. I looked on the BibleWorks web page several times the last months for that. But still only the Einheitsübersetzung 1980 is distributed, unfortunately? Did not the Katholisches Bibelwerk who is responsible for this translation like to cooperate with you the last years? Or are there really so few German BibleWorks users? This would be sad because this is at least for Catholics the main German translation and is mandatory for use everywhere in church or in school for the next decades.

However, God bless you all and very special thanks to our Mike Bushell!

Hi Karl,

We tried (repeatedly) to license the 2016 Einheitsübersetzung version but were unable to do so. While I am no longer employed at BibleWorks, I would be glad to talk to the copyright holders about creating a BibleWorks edition of their text that they could provide from their website for interested BibleWorks users.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thank you Glenn for your explanation! That sounds sad on the one hand, on the other there seems to be a little hope that an Einheitsübersetzung 2016 in BW 10 still could be possible in the future. I write to the Katholisches Bibelwerk now and am very curious what I will hear from them. Thank you!

Hi Karl,

Please let me know if I can be of any help in this matter. I will post my personal email address in a private message to you.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Re-activation of an older version

I currently have BW9 installed in my PC. If, in the future, this PC dies and I build a new PC, will I be able to re-install BW9 into this new PC and re-activate it with its activation code?

I think I can but I would like an official word of confirmation.

Thank you.

Default Delivery of activation code for flashdrive orders?

For us who choose a flashdrive, will we also receive the all-important activation code via email? (I'm out of the country at the moment, and my aging mom, who would receive and hold the flashdrive for me, occasionally loses things... )

Thanks!
    Dave

Hi shalommatt,

I may be wrong, but the only version I would count on for reactivation after the close would be version 10. No other versions will have any support. Version 10 will be able to be reinstalled and activated, but i do not see activation working on any other versions. Sorry.

Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi shalommatt,

I may be wrong, but the only version I would count on for reactivation after the close would be version 10. No other versions will have any support. Version 10 will be able to be reinstalled and activated, but i do not see activation working on any other versions. Sorry.

Glenn
    Thanks for your reply.

I have not done this 'activation' thing for a long time and have forgotten the details of the whole process. In my (fading) memory, I thought I only need ti type in the corresponding activation code to my copy of BW9 locally, without the need to send/receive confirmation from a BW server online.
    I think I may be wrong. So, having my BW9 DVDs and the accompanying activation code are not enough to setup a re-install to a new PC.

I have this worry. This is one reason why I have just ordered a copy of BW10 thumb drive which will be installed to a new PC near the end of this year.

So, in a summary, my copy of BW9 is stuck forever with my current PC. When this PC dies, this copy of BW9 goes with it.

Matt

Default Help!!

I live in Asia with very unreliable internet connections. I have finally been able to download the installation files, but when I go to install it, I get the following error message:

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002

The only "help" it gives is to contact the vendor (which is no longer an option). I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.