Thread: A Thank You

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up A Thank You

I know I'm as sad and crushed by the latest BibleWorks news as any one and I know there's a lot of discussion going on regarding it and that's all well and good.

But separate from all that, I also want to give a place where, apart from prognostications, diagnoses, questions, complaints, etc., I can simply express gratitude and give thanks to God.

It's been a blessing to have the opportunity to learn and use BibleWorks (and continue to use it for as long as possible) to study God's Word both as a regular individual, but also and especially as a pastor who has benefited personally in being able to quickly and affordably use these resources to help bring God's Word to others.

But rather than thanking BibleWorks (which is just a piece of software), I am thankful to God for the people who have made it to be what it is to me. To Mike Bushell and Michael Tan, whom I've had the chance to exchange countless emails with over the years as a normal user, a "super" user, and then also as a beta-tester. You have both been very kind and understanding in dealing with requests, suggestions, and complaints. From the top of the company you've expressed not just your technical expertise but a love of God, His Word and His work that is truly humbling. You really have embodied the ministry mission in every way that I've interacted with you.

And I am thankful for the many others who work in less visible ways to me, but who have also shared this mission. I feel bad naming names because I know I'll end up forgetting people. Jim Barr and Glenn Weaver are the two individuals that come to mind, but I know there have been more.

And I'm also thankful for the community of users who have gathered here and have helped contribute to the unofficial BibleWorks blog over the years. You are all a big part of why BibleWorks has always been for me the only option in Bible software.

There's much more that can be said, but I don't want that "thank you" to get lost. I am grateful for you. I have been blessed because of you.

And God's blessings to you all in wherever the Lord is leading you next.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Amen to every word of that, Michael! I haven't been as involved as you have, but all the folks you named, and the others as well (whom I've forgotten or never knew), deserve our richest thanks, and most sincere prayers of blessing for all that they have done for us and for the work of God's church.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Amen!

I concur with the sentiments of the two previous posts and would also like to express my thanks to the Lord and to Micheal Buschell and the developers of this great program. I started with BibleWorks 6 and have upgraded with every succeeding version. Words cannot express how the software has helped me in my sermon preparation, lesson preparation, and studies at school, in fact, I just recently wrote a blog post praising the program!

Thank you for being used of God to develop such a great program! The God we serve is the God of Miracles; so keep hope alive!

Harold Miller, Jr., M. Div.
    New Hope Baptist Church
    Covington, GA
    www.haroldmillerjr.com Blog

Default My Thanks As Well

I want to echo the sincere thanks and appreciation expressed here. It's always dangerous to name names but thanks to Glenn, Ed, and Mark whom I have the privilege of visiting in their offices in downtown Norfolk.

I pray that God will richly bless you and your families for the impact you have made in the lives of the men and women, pastors, missionaries, students, who have come closer to God through the study of His Word and the use of this tool we love - Bibleworks!

God bless
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Default Thank you from Canada

Hi to BW team. I haven't been around the forums much for a long while, but want to add my words of thanks for a wonderful program. It runs constantly on my system and will continue to do so for many years to come I am sure. Sorry to hear the news, but all the best to you all in the future. Thanks very much.

Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Grace Baptist Church of Victoria
    Victoria, BC
    Canada

Jer 33.3
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaGrace Baptist Church of Victoria
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Default Dankeschön!

Ich werde seit Jahren durch unseren Gott-Vater unter Einsatz von Bibleworks und dessen Entwicklern und Pflegern reich gesegnet, das wird so bleiben! Vielen, vielen Dank!
    Klaus-Peter Haufe