Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Modules to BW10 from BW7

Default Adding Modules to BW10 from BW7

When I first purchased Bibleworks 7, I also ordered additional modules: HALOT and BDAG. But I cannot figure out how to add them to Bibleworks 10, since the numbering system has changed. Any help would be gratefully welcome.
    Many thanks.

Hi DWM,

If you ordered BW10 as an upgrade, you should have received new codes for your modules. If you did not order as an upgrade, you will need to send a message to Customer Service to ask about new codes for your BW10. It make take a little while to get to your message, as they still have large backlog to complete.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi DWM,

If you ordered BW10 as an upgrade, you should have received new codes for your modules. If you did not order as an upgrade, you will need to send a message to Customer Service to ask about new codes for your BW10. It make take a little while to get to your message, as they still have large backlog to complete.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Thank you Glenn!

Default Missing BDAG code; how do I contact customer service?

Hi DWM,

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn, I ordered and received an upgrade from BW6 to BW10, which I just installed. Like DWM, I understood that I would also be able to install the BDAG that I paid for in 2007 (for my BW 6), but I received no new BDAG code and the old code (from 2007) doesn't work. You advised DWM to contact Customer Service but when I called the number the recording said all customer support had been discontinued. What should I do? I wouldn't have paid to upgrade if the ordering information hadn't indicated that my BDAG would come along with the upgrade. Thanks!
    JBH

Hi JBH,

If you did order an upgrade and not a full version, your codes for your modules should be at the end of the email message that you received. It is easy to miss the codes since the email may be longer than what is viewable on one screen without scrolling. I suggest checking your email message first.

If you need to contact Customer Service for any reason, the only recourse would be to send an email message. Phone calls will not be answered. You could send an email message and describe the situation and ask for your new BW10 module codes.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Missing module codes

Hi JBH,

If you did order an upgrade and not a full version, your codes for your modules should be at the end of the email message that you received.
    Hi Glenn,

I've used BibleWorks since version 3.5, so besides my BDAG/HALOT module, I have a few additional module codes. For my version 9 upgrade, these included codes for: BDAG, BNGD, CSBO, HALOT, LEHS, LUTB, METZ, NABO and NIVO.

I've now upgraded to BW10 for the obvious reason of prolonging this wonderful program's life. However, like JBH, I received no new codes other than the single BW10 code. I ordered a media -- USB stick -- delivery. It arrived to my U.S. address with the BW10 code, but no additional codes. My BibleWorks order confirmation email (BW10UPG9M Upgrade to BibleWorks 10) contains zero codes -- either attached or found by scrolling.

I am out of country and will not be able to attempt installing BW10 for a couple of months. What will happen then? I need HALOT, BDAG and the other resources, and -- like JBH -- I certainly would not have upgraded if it meant losing those resources.

Will new codes for the modules be necessary? And if so, how do I receive them?

Thanks for any insight in these three questions! P.S. (edit): According to your comments above, the obvious answer is to check with Customer Service. I just thought my situation (USB media order) might be different -- i.e., the codes stored in a "read me" on the USB stick? (I won't have access to the USB stick till September.)

David
    Last edited by DaveR; 07-03-2018 at 09:37 AM.

I received all my codes via e-mail the day after I received the USB drives in the mail. My e-mail listed unlock codes I had forgotten I had. So I don't know why you didn't get them. As already said, I suggest e-mailing Support, and they might search for your old codes. Since I had already purchased BW10 earlier (and was buying extra), it may be that my access codes were easier to find, especially since I never skipped an upgrade over the years.
    Mark Eddy

A couple of things to know about orders and upgrades:

1. If an order is placed for a full version instead of an upgrade, no additional codes will be sent even for modules you purchased, since you could be ordering a new copy for some reason. Therefore, check your order type first.

2. Be sure to check your email messages from BibleWorks for your module codes. They are at the bottom of the email, and may be overlooked.

3. The media (whether flash drive or download) is the exactly the same no matter if it is an upgrade or a new purchase. The difference is in the codes you will receive.

4. If you purchased modules a few versions back, it is possible that the information about your codes was not easily seen in your customer record. Therefore, if you have codes coming to you (if you upgraded, you should received codes, and if you purchased other modules, such as BDAG or HALOT), please contact Customer Service via email ASAP and explain the situation. With the huge volume of orders, your codes may have been overlooked.

5. Customer Service will do everything to help you as best they can, but be patient as they still have a backlog. They are very servant-minded and want you to have all your codes and be completely satisfied with your purchase.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Need updated BDAG and HALOT codes

I am in the same situation as the original poster. I ordered the BW10 upgrade (from BW7) on June 10. I received my BW10 USB drive, but neither the order e-mail nor the paperwork included with the USB drive contained new BDAG and HALOT unlock codes. [I also checked the root directory of the USB drive for a text file containing the new unlock codes, but I did not find anything.] I have e-mailed customer support a couple of times over the past two weeks with my old BW7 unlock codes, but I have not received a response so far. Because I had to uninstall BW7 before upgrading to BW10, I can no longer access the BDAG and HALOT materials, which is obviously not ideal. I know there must be a backlog of support e-mails to work through, but it is difficult to know if we should just be patient or if our requests have gotten lost somehow.

Default Will BW8/9 codes work in a BW10 installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I received all my codes via e-mail the day after I received the USB drives in the mail. My e-mail listed unlock codes I had forgotten I had. So I don't know why you didn't get them. As already said, I suggest e-mailing Support, and they might search for your old codes. Since I had already purchased BW10 earlier (and was buying extra), it may be that my access codes were easier to find, especially since I never skipped an upgrade over the years.
    Mark Eddy
    Thanks Mark (and Glenn!),

I do have my old codes, but am not sure whether they will work with a BW10 installation -- and will not be able to test this until later in the year. Were the codes you received for your BW10 upgrade the same as the codes you were given when you upgraded to BW9?

Thanks and regards!
    David

PS... am emailing Customer Service with the following:

Dear BibleWorks Customer Service,

Regarding order number 46720:

Will the module codes I was given in 2011 for an upgrade to BW9 work for an upgrade to BW10? In 2011, you sent two sets of activation codes -- one for BibleWorks 6/7 and one for BibleWorks 8/9.

Will my 8/9 codes work when upgrading to BW10? If not, I will need codes for the following (plus for anything free in BW9 which is not included in BW10):

BDAG, BNGD, CSBO, HALOT, LEHS, LUTB, METZ, NABO and NIVO

Thanks so much! (I'm not in a hurry for this, so feel free to keep me bumped to the bottom of your workflow.)

Kind regards,
    David
    Cust. No. 24720

Additional information if needed:

1) My order was an upgrade, not a full version. The SKU and name are: BW10UPG9M, "Upgrade to BibleWorks 10 from BibleWorks 9 (Media Distribution)"

2) I have received two emails regarding this order: the order confirmation email dated 06/10/2018 and the order shipped email dated 06/27/2018. No additional emails have been received or sent to my spam folder. Neither email contains any codes, either in the text or separately attached.

3) My media package (USB stick) was sent to my U.S. address. It included an instruction page with a BW10 activation code sticker on it. No other codes were sent with the USB stick.

4) When I upgraded to version 9 in 2011, I was sent an email with the subject line "BibleWorks Activation Codes." I received no such email with the current BW10 upgrade. The codes supplied in 2011 were for: BDAG, BNGD, CSBO, HALOT, LEHS, LUTB, METZ, NABO and NIVO. I still have those codes. I have purchased no modules since then.

5) I am out of the country and do not have access to my USB stick; I will not install BW10 until later in the year.