Thread: Usage of Strong's Number?

Default Usage of Strong's Number?

In Ecc 12:5 I see the BW10 KJV shows the String's number 01364 "of that which is high <01364>, (Eccl. 12:5 KJV)"
    So why on some KJV+ modules online and in E-Sword does it show two Strong's numbers? "of that which is high,H4480 H1364" I am currently focusing on the Greek and know very little about Hebrew. The study group I am with exclusively uses E-Sword because it's free. I want to clearly explain why the BW KJV is different compared to the one they use and is one correct and the other not?

Thank You Much
    Dave Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by drogers View Post
    In Ecc 12:5 I see the BW10 KJV shows the String's number 01364 "of that which is high <01364>, (Eccl. 12:5 KJV)"
    So why on some KJV+ modules online and in E-Sword does it show two Strong's numbers? "of that which is high,H4480 H1364" I am currently focusing on the Greek and know very little about Hebrew. The study group I am with exclusively uses E-Sword because it's free. I want to clearly explain why the BW KJV is different compared to the one they use and is one correct and the other not?

Thank You Much
    Dave Rogers
    H4480 is the Strong's number for the Hebrew preposition "min." This preposition in Hebrew can either be a standalone word or a prefix attached to another word. E-Sword includes the Strong's number for "min" in all (or almost all) occurrences of the preposition. Bibleworks, on the other hand, includes the Strong's number only for cases in which "min" is a standalone word.

Thank you Bob