Thread: Feature Request

Default Feature Request

Can you put UserLex in the Analysis Window? Otherwise, we need an extra column for the UserLex to display. We do not always remember what entries we have after some time. So putting here makes the best sense.
    Thanks!
    Name:  Screenshot 2018-05-03 21.43.10.png
Views: 149
Size:  60.3 KB
    Martin Zhang

I am not sure that I understand your question, because the UserLex does display in the Analysis window. It is on a separate tab from the Analysis tab. But in BibleWorks 10 the Analysis window can be divided in two (at the upper right hand corner above the Analysis window click on the far right icon: rectangle with an arrow pointing right), so that you can view your User lexicon in one of them (the UserLex tab) and view the other lexicons in the analysis tab.
    As an alternative, you could view your User lexicon in the full analysis window, and then open the lexicon browser to view another lexicon in a floating analysis window.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I am not sure that I understand your question, because the UserLex does display in the Analysis window. It is on a separate tab from the Analysis tab. But in BibleWorks 10 the Analysis window can be divided in two (at the upper right hand corner above the Analysis window click on the far right icon: rectangle with an arrow pointing right), so that you can view your User lexicon in one of them (the UserLex tab) and view the other lexicons in the analysis tab.
    As an alternative, you could view your User lexicon in the full analysis window, and then open the lexicon browser to view another lexicon in a floating analysis window.
    Mark Eddy
    Thanks, Mark.
    I should have made it clearer. I was referring to the Analysis Tab, not the Analysis Window. I know that the Analysis window may be split into two columns (for two tabs). But if I can make the UserLex entries to be displayed in the Analysis Tab, then I can use the other Analysis Window column for other usages, such as the "Use" tab or the "Forms" tab, if it makes sense.

The other advantage of integrating the UserLex entries into the Analysis Tab, as I've mentioned above, is that I don't need to think about whether I had made any entries for any specific word or not. If I did, they would show up in the Analysis tab, which I constantly leave open. But I do not use the UserLex often. So, even if I've made any UserLex entries, I might forget after some time and never get to make use of them.

Blessings,
    Martin
    Martin Zhang

The Analysis tab will only display whatever lexicon you have selected anyway, be it your UserLex, BDAG, or something else. It sounds like what would be most beneficial to you is to have UserLex entries show up in the Resources Summary tab.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The Analysis tab will only display whatever lexicon you have selected anyway, be it your UserLex, BDAG, or something else. It sounds like what would be most beneficial to you is to have UserLex entries show up in the Resources Summary tab.
    Ah! Your comment points out my own misunderstanding.
    I actually meant the Analysis window. But my screenshot shows the Resources Summary.
    In the Analysis, we can choose which Lexicons to be displayed here. But I did not find UserLex option here (see screenshot). therefore, the UserLex entries are not displayed in the Analysis window. It would be great if the option shows up here and I make is displayed at the top.
    Name:  Screenshot 2018-05-05 19.54.37.png
Views: 73
Size:  128.5 KB
    Martin Zhang

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that selecting UserLex for the Analysis tab was a present option. However, even if it were, why would you have UserLex selected as your default Analysis tab lexicon if you have relatively few entries in it? But the Resources Summary tab will tell you what entries are found in your various lexicons:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  66.1 KB

If your (and my) UserLex entries would show there, that could prove useful.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Hello Lee,
    Thank you so much for taking time to help out!

Yes. We will have relatively few entries in the UserLex. And because of that, it does not worth a separate column when we are not editing or adding entries. And, we will tend to forget which words have entries in the UserLex.

This is exactly why, I think, UserLex should be an option in the Analysis tab of the Analysis Window.

The Analysis tab can show entries from more than one lexicons. If the feature I requested here may be realized, this will be how I want to use it:

If the UserLex contains an entry for a certain verb, when the cursor hovers over it, the entry in the UserLex will be displayed on the top. We created the entry probably because we think there is important information about the word that we want to read beside the other lexicons (more often, the information may not be available in those lexicons).

If the UserLex does not have an entry, then the entry next lexicon in the list will be on the top. UserLex will not be displayed at all. Therefore, there will be no change in terms of appearance.

Hope this time I have finally stated clearly what I wanted.

Blessings,
    Martin
    Martin Zhang