Thread: Word Search Error in TAR

Default Word Search Error in TAR

I search for zrz, but wyhwsh' was found!
    Name:  Screenshot 2018-05-01 13.49.10.png
Views: 168
Size:  167.2 KB
    Martin Zhang

Martin Zhang - I suggest that you report this to BW support. This is, I think, a highlighting problem. The following may be useful supporting information to give them.

When I display TAM (which is the version you actually searched in) I see that the correct lemma is highlighted, two words after the word that is highlighted in TAR.

You might want to change one of your preferences (Main Menu / Tools / Options... / General / Flags / Search Window Configuration Options / In Verse + Text Mode display FORM for morphology versions.) If you uncheck this option the lemma will show in the Search Window, and will help you see where the hit actually is.
    (This option also controls how the "Use" Analysis Window tab displays verses.)

Example with option unchecked:
    Name:  tam01.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  534.3 KB

Example with option checked:
    Name:  tam02.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  548.1 KB

--Jim
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 05-03-2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Saw poster's full name

Thanks, Jim.
    I will report.
    Martin Zhang

Here is another one:

Two different words are highlighted, and one of them is correct.

Name:  Screenshot 2018-05-06 22.25.49.png
Views: 81
Size:  102.3 KB
    Martin Zhang

In both of the examples which you showed there are portions of the text in parentheses and brackets. Since they are variants of the same word, when BW is counting words in the verse for highlighting, for each of these pairs the counting gets off. I have found this to happen in a number of texts (usually in user databases). Sometimes the displacement of highlighting is due to dashes in a text (which are always left out of a morphology version). So I would suggest that (for now) when you see this sort of highlighting displacement, you look up for the brackets, and then just move your eyes a word or two over (depending on how many bracketed words there are) and you should find the word you are seeking.
    Mark Eddy