Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: BW10 stuck

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default BW10 stuck

    My BW10 is stuck. I can not hit any button. The apple menu is accessable (although very lagy!) and I am unable to do any reset options because I will get an error message that BW10 does not close.
    Does anyone know what to do in this case?
    (I also have no idea what happened that it now is frozen. The last thing I did was copying some text from it.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    25

    Exclamation

    Anyone ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I would restart your Mac, and make sure your dmg and EXE are updated:

    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...Installer.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I've had this problem many many times.
    The easiest way is to press Option + CMD + Esc, and choose BW and click "Force Quit."
    Then you may relaunch BW.

    The other way is to open the activity monitor, and force quit from there.
    Martin Zhang

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I would restart your Mac, and make sure your dmg and EXE are updated:

    https://kb.bibleworks.com/article/AA...Installer.html
    Thank you. I did as you adviced. Now the view is reset to Gen 1:1 but still the programme does not respond to any input
    The top menu does also not work, except for the "Bibleworks" button.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavian View Post
    Thank you. I did as you adviced. Now the view is reset to Gen 1:1 but still the programme does not respond to any input
    The top menu does also not work, except for the "Bibleworks" button.
    What version of macOS are you running? What version of the dmg (the MCW #) and EXE (e.g. 10.0.8.644) are you running?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    What version of macOS are you running? What version of the dmg (the MCW #) and EXE (e.g. 10.0.8.644) are you running?
    Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

    MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
    10.0.8.42
    MCW 10-44

    But since I can not use the application I can not do an update via the menu

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavian View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

    MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
    10.0.8.42
    MCW 10-44

    But since I can not use the application I can not do an update via the menu
    Help please ! ;(

  9. #9

    Default Default Solution?

    And you've tried BW's default solution?

    "delete the bw1000.ini file in BW directory"

    Seems to fix just about every issue I've had in the past.

    Only irritation is that I've got to go reset all my default settings after doing this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Yes, I've done that.
    It still is stuck though
    In fact when performing the ini deletion it should restart but it does not because it can't. It just is stuck. If I force quit it and restart all display settings are reset. But still it is stuck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •