Thread: Tyndale House Greek New Testiment

Default Tyndale House Greek New Testiment

Are there plans to include the Tyndale House Greek NT in BW? If so, is there a time table for its release in BW?

https://www.thegreeknewtestament.com/
    HaMilim.netronix.com

Looks like an interesting project! Hope we'll get it in BW at some point.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I got the Tyndale House GNT for Accordance. It won't replace NA28 or CNTTS, but it is a low-priced option for getting a glimpse at key textual variants. I just posted a lengthy comparison of the resources available for textual criticism: texts, apparatus, and commentaries. You can see my blog post HERE.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    I got the Tyndale House GNT for Accordance. It won't replace NA28 or CNTTS, but it is a low-priced option for getting a glimpse at key textual variants. I just posted a lengthy comparison of the resources available for textual criticism: texts, apparatus, and commentaries. You can see my blog post HERE.

Thank you so much for doing this comparison. Just the other day I was "googling" to see if I could find an article comparing the different critical texts. You've done me a great service!

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    It was recently release for Accordance and Logos, I am hoping that Bibleworks will follow shortly.

I like your blog entry, I had read a few more detailed reviews of the THGNT, I will see if I can find a link. Overall, I appreciate the THGNT commitment to using only existent variants. The NA28 has now opened the door to introducing text based on a presumed vorlage into the base text rather than leaving it in the apparatus. That is a decision that I am personally uncomfortable with.
    HaMilim.netronix.com

Quote Originally Posted by benelchi View Post
    .... Overall, I appreciate the THGNT commitment to using only existent variants. The NA28 has now opened the door to introducing text based on a presumed vorlage into the base text rather than leaving it in the apparatus. That is a decision that I am personally uncomfortable with.
    I haven't paid close enough attention to this in recent years, so I wonder if you could list a couple of examples. I can see that it could be a disturbing trend.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I haven't paid close enough attention to this in recent years, so I wonder if you could list a couple of examples. I can see that it could be a disturbing trend.
    Here's just one list, but this is not a static target. The list is continuously changing among the so-called critical editions.

http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.b...in-nestle.html

Thanks, Scott. I'm elbow-deep in U.S. income taxes at the moment, so I'll have to go back to study that interesting post. Particularly interesting is the conclusion: "based on the list here, the Nestle(-Aland) editions have grown more reticent to print conjectures since 1927 not less."
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Here's just one list, but this is not a static target. The list is continuously changing among the so-called critical editions.

http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.b...in-nestle.html

This is a pretty good list, but a little misleading.

The issue with the NA27/28 is not that there have been suggested emendations in the apparatus that have no support in known manuscripts, but that the emended text has now been placed in the base text instead of the apparatus. This is a significant change from earlier versions. Many critical texts have suggested 'original' readings that are unattested in any known manuscripts, but these are typically noted in the apparatus, not in the base text.
    HaMilim.netronix.com

Quote Originally Posted by benelchi View Post
    This is a pretty good list, but a little misleading.

The issue with the NA27/28 is not that there have been suggested emendations in the apparatus that have no support in known manuscripts, but that the emended text has now been placed in the base text instead of the apparatus. This is a significant change from earlier versions. Many critical texts have suggested 'original' readings that are unattested in any known manuscripts, but these are typically noted in the apparatus, not in the base text.
    Yeah, I agree. That's why I offered the caveat. The so-called critical texts are an ever-moving target, including significant passages.