Thread: Bibleworks will not work with next macOS (10.14)?

Default Bibleworks will not work with next macOS (10.14)?

Next macOS 10.14 is coming this summer and supports only 64-bit software. Bibleworks for Mac use wine which is 32-bit software. Is there any solution for this? Im not able to use dual boot or virtual machine with my Mac.

We still don't have all the details from Apple, but we've been following this and are confident we will have something that works fine on 10.14. We already have a running x64 version. It's still not clear what they will do on 10.14 and I don't know how that will affect the VMs.

Michael

Default x64 dmg release

Hi, I have a follow up question

Since I read about BW shutting down, I will probably buy BW 10 for Mac (I have BW 4 running on WINE at the moment, so the update is overdue).
    In your newsletter you wrote, that a x64 dmg will be released soon.

The coming macOS versions require 64-bit programs. BibleWorks is in good shape for this, and we will soon release a full x64 Mac dmg.
    Now I have a question: Should I wait for the x64 dmg to be released before I buy BW 10? Or can I buy it now and get the x64 dmg as a free update later?
    I just don't want to spend 200 USD and then find out, that my BW will not work - or that I have to pay again.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Hi Anakrinokairos,

This is the only time that you will be able to purchase BibleWorks. If you do not buy it between now and June 15, you will never have another opportunity to do so, as the company is going out of business and will not longer be selling the product. I just wanted to make that clear to you.

Concerning the 64-bit Mac, we have created a 64-bit BibleWorks program. From the email message sent out today, we explained that "The coming macOS versions require 64-bit programs. BibleWorks is in good shape for this, and we will soon release a full x64 Mac dmg. We will also be working with CodeWeavers to explore options for them to continue compatibility support for the BibleWorks Mac Installer. Finally, in any case, Mac users will likely be able to fall back to using a virtual machine (like Virtual Box, Fusion, or Parallels)."

There will NOT be any extra charge for anything in the future. All program updates are free. There will NOT be a BibleWorks 11.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver