Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy way to see how you can find new faith in a higher power

Quote Originally Posted by functionjunction View Post
    i can see you are very confident in your answer im not going to say your wrong or need to change your answer but what i am saying is that the secret is personal to each person if you look at Gandhi (or any name) his secret might probability wont work for you not be because you may have any differences in opinions but you are trying to find the secret to your life not Gandhi's.... the dived between science and spirituality is man made, as they are both paths to greater understanding and i believe that to come up with these equations of life one would need to have at minimum the questioning of life ("if you control the end points" mr.robot)
    Gandhi can't personally introduce himself to me. He's not capable of it. Nor can Mohammed, or any of the other so-called prophets.

Jesus Christ can. And Jesus Christ did personally introduce himself to me, as he has done for every single person he genuinely saves, and that without exception.

thank you for sharing i find hope in your journey and for my own i am hoping that that the higher power is unlimited potential neither good/evil or real/fake but bolth and in this potential, all "god" would need to exist is potential to exist (an objects total potential over time in universe is infinity)
    Last edited by functionjunction; 01-05-2018 at 10:13 PM.

thank you for sharing i find hope in your journey and for my own i am hoping that that the higher power is unlimited potential neither good/evil or real/fake but bolth and in this potential, all "god" would need to exist is potential to exist
    Jesus doesn't answer intellectual inquiries, but he does answer and satisfy deep thirstings of the heart for each one who comes to him specifically and who calls on his name specifically.

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." Jesus Christ, John 14:21

"Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." Jesus Christ, John 18:37

"My sheep hear my voice." Jesus Christ, John 10:27

You can pray with or without words, but don't pray without heart. The encounter you are searching for is not a potential, but a Person, a Person who is alive and keeps his promises.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 2:5
    Last edited by Adelphos; 01-05-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Jesus doesn't answer intellectual inquiries, but he does answer and satisfy deep thirstings of the heart for each one who comes to him specifically and who calls on his name specifically.

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." Jesus Christ, John 14:21

"Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." Jesus Christ, John 18:37

"My sheep hear my voice." Jesus Christ, John 10:27

You can pray with or without words, but don't pray without heart. The encounter you are searching for is not a potential, but a Person, a Person who is alive and keeps his promises.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 2:5
    i do know some of the bible(s) like god created us in his image , the the father son and the holy ghost, man shall not lay with man in Hebrew is man shall not lay with man/woman , thou shall not oppress thy neighbor and i believe that it is not 100% literal text but rather mimics speech at only 10% (jokingly "theres no Cole's notes for the bible he never even read it what a douche")
    Last edited by functionjunction; 01-06-2018 at 03:06 AM.

i do know some of the bible(s) like god created us in his image , the the father son and the holy ghost, man shall not lay with man in Hebrew is man shall not lay with man/woman , thou shall not oppress thy neighbor and i believe that it is not 100% literal text but rather mimics speech at only 10% (jokingly "theres no Cole's notes for the bible he never even read it what a douche")
    I'm not talking about the Bible. I'm talking about a personal encounter and fellowship with Jesus Christ, who alone overcame death and who alone can wash your sins away.

Hell is overflowing even now with people who believed the Bible.

I'm not talking about the Bible. I'm talking about a personal encounter and fellowship with Jesus Christ, who alone overcame death and who alone can wash your sins away.

Hell is overflowing even now with people who believed the Bible.
    i really have no problem with believing you as my experiences mirror yours(very personal relation ship), but i am searching for a greater understanding sorta the mechanics of it all

i really have no problem with believing you as my experiences mirror yours(very personal relation ship), but i am searching for a greater understanding sorta the mechanics of it all
    The Bible was written for essentially one primary purpose, and that is to portray Jesus Christ. This is the overriding and primary purpose of the Bible, to portray Jesus Christ. Most people do not ever see this, or reach the path's end that the Bible points to, which is the very Person of Jesus Christ, and a supernatural encounter with him by the baptism of the Holy Spirit in the supernatural resurrection miracle of the new birth.

Here is the end of the Bible...

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." Jesus Christ, John 6:40

You can't believe savingly in Jesus Christ until you see the Son, and you cannot see the Son unless he supernaturally manifests himself to you.

The Bible is only a helper to point you to Jesus Christ. If you're serious about seeing the Son, you follow after him by reading the testimony of those who wrote about him in the Bible, and also of those of us in this generation who have met him personally.

I have seen the Son by his Spirit and believed savingly in him by his Spirit, and I have testified to you of that. Now you can read the testimony of others who knew and walked with him, and who have also believed savingly in him by his Spirit, by reading their testimony about him in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and by therefore calling on him from the heart.

That's the mechanics of it.

But the Bible can only point you to Jesus. The Bible cannot save you.

Rather, Jesus must personally manifest himself to you, which he is liable to do if you're serious about following after him and seeing him, and if you are, he will show you what to do.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 01-06-2018 at 03:01 PM.

If you want to continue this conversation, it might be best to take it to email. If so, you can reach me at query at lamblion.net

That's my spam addresss, so put FUNCTIONJUNCTION in the subject line so I won't miss it. Then I'll reply with one of my other private email addresses.

If you want to continue this conversation, it might be best to take it to email. If so, you can reach me at *********

That's my spam addresss, so put FUNCTIONJUNCTION in the subject line so I won't miss it. Then I'll reply with one of my other private email addresses.
    i wanted to have an open conversation about it i dont think they approved my post on first site .... on another note Jesus probably had a really good reason for not writing a book him self

.... on another note Jesus probably had a really good reason for not writing a book him self
    Jesus is the book.