Thread: Pull down menus with BW10 on a Surface

Default Pull down menus with BW10 on a Surface

I've recently installed BW10 on my new Surface. The pull-down menus are in such incredibly tiny fonts that they are illegible. Does anyone know what to do?

I don't have any such problems with BW on my Surface. Do you have similar problems on other programs? It may be a Windows setting. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to adjust the fonts in the pull-down menus.

If all else fails, you could contact BW support.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by mmthompson View Post
    I've recently installed BW10 on my new Surface. The pull-down menus are in such incredibly tiny fonts that they are illegible. Does anyone know what to do?
    First thing to try is to erase your INI file and then restart BW.

Your INI file is BW1000.ini in your BibleWorks folder.

If that doesn't do the trick, did you do a clean install? Or did you transport some stuff from your old computer directly over to your Surface? If so, that may also be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    First thing to try is to erase your INI file and then restart BW.

Your INI file is BW1000.ini in your BibleWorks folder.

If that doesn't do the trick, did you do a clean install? Or did you transport some stuff from your old computer directly over to your Surface? If so, that may also be the problem.
    Thanks, I tried that, and it worked. The fonts are definitely bigger and more readable. I'd be happy to be able to adjust them (larger), but I can live with this.

Pull down menu text size seems to be controlled by BW scaling.
    Main Menu / View / Scaling Options.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to scale pull down menu text independent of the rest of BW.

--Jim