Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dictionary with very short, simple glosses

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Mark, your usual alertness has deserted you here. postiffm indicated in an earlier post that he had tried the Report Generator and found that none of the available lexicons quite suited.
    D'oh!
    Though I don't know how you can get more concise than UBS/Barclay Newman...
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    This is at least the second request that has appeared here lately for access to something like the information that appears in the flyover popups when the mouse is hovered over a Greek word (see https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...ek-word-popups). That one never got answered. The information must appear in some file in the BibleWorks subdirectories, but I have no idea what it is or whether it can be accessed to generate a report.
    There are two different questions here.

Dave Rogers, in the post you point to, wanted to know the source that the glosses come from. I think I once saw a mention of that source, but am unable to find it now.

I don't know how to make the glosses available to something like the Report Generator, but they are available via the Words tab of the Analysis Window -- using the "Context Word Tab Options" and checking "Include Gloss in List Export".

Apparently the glosses used in Browse Window popups and Word Tab exports are also the ones used in the BW Vocabulary Flashcards Module.
    BW stores these glosses in the init folder. Tab delimited text files (NT Greek = gntvoc.vrt, OT Hebrew = gotvoc.vrt) and compiled files with .vrc suffix.
    This post (https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...Edit-Tips-Word) and BW Help section 60 Vocabulary Flashcards provide information on how to modify them.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    There are two different questions here.

Dave Rogers, in the post you point to, wanted to know the source that the glosses come from. I think I once saw a mention of that source, but am unable to find it now.

I don't know how to make the glosses available to something like the Report Generator, but they are available via the Words tab of the Analysis Window -- using the "Context Word Tab Options" and checking "Include Gloss in List Export".

Apparently the glosses used in Browse Window popups and Word Tab exports are also the ones used in the BW Vocabulary Flashcards Module.
    BW stores these glosses in the init folder. Tab delimited text files (NT Greek = gntvoc.vrt, OT Hebrew = gotvoc.vrt) and compiled files with .vrc suffix.
    This post (https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sh...Edit-Tips-Word) and BW Help section 60 Vocabulary Flashcards provide information on how to modify them.

--Jim
    Thanks, Jim, hopefully some of that may be helpful to postiffm. I was particularly interested in the Words tab possibilities. I've never used that tab before; a few minutes' experimentation made me hope I never have to. Trying to get options set up to do what you suggest was more than I could manage in a very quick trial.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia