Thread: Resources Auto Updating

Default Resources Auto Updating

This is a minor issue, but I'm wondering if it is specific to my machine, or do others find it to be so, namely, if I am in my notes tab, and then switch to other verses, the notes automatically update, as they should, but if I then switch to Resources (within the same window), the Resource has not auto-updated. I have to manually do it. Is this just me, or anybody else find this to be so?

Default Resource update

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    This is a minor issue, but I'm wondering if it is specific to my machine, or do others find it to be so, namely, if I am in my notes tab, and then switch to other verses, the notes automatically update, as they should, but if I then switch to Resources (within the same window), the Resource has not auto-updated. I have to manually do it. Is this just me, or anybody else find this to be so?
    This is by design. The Resource tab is generally word based and designed to update only as you mouse over words.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    This is by design. The Resource tab is generally word based and designed to update only as you mouse over words.
    Mike
    Okay, appreciate the heads-up. That makes sense.

Mike
    Not complaining, just observing. Having to mouse over a verse is not a hardship to me.
    1. There is an option flag in the "Browse Window Configuration Options": "Update Resource Window on Verse Change."
    2. A large majority of the resources available in the "Resources" tab are keyed to verse, not word. Even the lexicons often have several verse-based entries in the tab.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Not complaining, just observing. Having to mouse over a verse is not a hardship to me.
    1. There is an option flag in the "Browse Window Configuration Options": "Update Resource Window on Verse Change."
    2. A large majority of the resources available in the "Resources" tab are keyed to verse, not word. Even the lexicons often have several verse-based entries in the tab.

--Jim
    I solved it by simply moving the Resources tab into the fourth window and leaving my Note tab in the third window. Now when I change verses they both update automatically. I like the flexibility of having it work both ways, depending on which window you're in.

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post

--Jim
    Oops. I forgot about that flag.
    Mike

Oops. I forgot about that flag.
    Mike
    Yeah, but you were correct in the response to me because I had the Note tab and the Resource Tab in the same window, i.e., the third window, and the Note tab was the one that is always open when I change verses, so when I switched to the Resource tab in the same window I had to manually update it. And I see the logic in that. I think that is appropriate because of all the different elements in the Resource tab.

On the other hand, when I moved the Resource tab to the fourth window, so that I have the Note tab open in the third window and the Resource tab open in the fourth window, now when I change verses they both auto update, which is perfect for the project I'm involved in.

So in essence, you get the best of both worlds, simply depending on how you configure it.