Thread: Font resizing problem in editor

Default Font resizing problem in editor

Hey fellow BW users.

I've got a mysterious problem. I'm working with Support, but they can't replicate it and said no one else has rsported. I deleted my BW1000.ini file upon restart and the problem persists. Can anyone replicate this?

1. Open/create a document in the editor.
    2.Select a portion of text.3. Click "Set Font Attributes" icon4a. Immediately click OK in dialogue. DO NOT change anything. Selected text immediately changes to a smaller font.4b. Increase Font to some greater value (e.g. 14)... Font does increase, but if you immediately open "Set Font Attributes" it only changed to 11! Upon clicking OK, it then reduces the size again.

I just noticed that this also occurs when editing notes as well as working in the Editor.

Any ideas what could be going on?
    Can you replicate it?

Default Font Dialog

Quote Originally Posted by arggem View Post
    Hey fellow BW users.

I've got a mysterious problem. I'm working with Support, but they can't replicate it and said no one else has rsported. I deleted my BW1000.ini file upon restart and the problem persists. Can anyone replicate this?

1. Open/create a document in the editor.
    2.Select a portion of text.3. Click "Set Font Attributes" icon4a. Immediately click OK in dialogue. DO NOT change anything. Selected text immediately changes to a smaller font.4b. Increase Font to some greater value (e.g. 14)... Font does increase, but if you immediately open "Set Font Attributes" it only changed to 11! Upon clicking OK, it then reduces the size again.

I just noticed that this also occurs when editing notes as well as working in the Editor.

Any ideas what could be going on?
    Can you replicate it?

The Choose Font Dialog was not being properly initialized with the font info under the cursor. It should be OK now if you get the latest post.
    Mike

Thanks for a prompt response Mike!

I think it's [mostly] fixed. If I make a change, that change is reflected accurately.

But what happens now, though, is that if I open up the font change dialogue then immediately close it, (clicking OK, not cancel)...the selected font GROWS instead of shrinks.

It seems that the Font Dialogue doesn't pick up the font size of the selected text correctly. When the dialogue is opened, the default selection is 2 -3 points higher than the selected text. Therefore, when I click OK, I just ok'd it to grow by the 2-3 points!

If I open it again, it doesn't reflect the previous value (like I'd expect) but it again is a few points higher yet.

So, I guess it's actually "working." I did OK the higher font value, but my user expectation is that if I make no changes in the dialogue, no changes will be made in my document.

Thanks for working on this!!

BW support rocks!