Thread: BW on an iPad

Smile BW on an iPad

I know it's only been a short time that we have had BW on our MAC's, and its wonderful I might add, but today's churches are going more and more to electronic help for everything. In my Church we are all electronic, display, sermons and music. I have one music director friend that uses an iPad for some of his music, very well done. Now we go to a Bible study with one version only, but the talk is often to many different translations. Every carry a bunch of Bibles or a bag full. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have BW on our iPads for something like this? Likely it would have to be a pared down version, but even a dedicated iPad to just one program would make what we used to have on many older computers seem possible. Maybe not profitable for the BW organization, I don't know? But it is a thought........

Jim Tifft
    United Methodist San Antonio Texas.

Name:  vital life.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  56.8 KB

I am a techy person, but I prefer this one. A friend of mine has given me this gift before I resign on my former work.

Default Biggest frustration w/ BW management!

Quote Originally Posted by James H. Tifft View Post
    I don't know? But it is a thought........
    James: I will never understand this one. BW management doesn't seem that into Apple development. Apple (MacOS and iOS) is seen as a fad and therefore neglected. It would not surprise me however, if most pastors, professors, and translators use both Mac and iOS.

Given that Apple still has a relatively small user base worldwide (what is it, 20%), it might make sense to treat it as a second class citizen. But I'd be surprised if the BW install base wasn't seeing a significantly larger shift to BW for Mac over the past few years. I can't recall the last time I saw a pastor using a PC.

Kevin Purcell just posted on using BibleWorks on his iPad using Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop. (You'll have to scroll past the notes on Logos, Accordance...)
    HERE is the link.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools