Thread: KWIC doesn't seem to allow copying the accent on some words eg Ezekiel 21:31 hasir

Default KWIC doesn't seem to allow copying the accent on some words eg Ezekiel 21:31 hasir

KWIC doesn't seem to allow copying the accent on some words eg Ezekiel 21:31 hasir

Notice of the three entries I selected in KWIC.. The first one, the hebrew word has an accent, but that accent doesn't get copied when I choose to copy it then paste it into notepad. I am using Courier New which supports hebrew and we see accents on the other words pasted into notepad, so it's not a font issue

https://i.imgur.com/XYDmXVO.png

Name:  XYDmXVO.png
Views: 321
Size:  38.4 KB

I discovered something interesting by copying the KWIC text into both Notepad and LibreOffice Writer which supports Rich Text formatting.

I did a few tests, where I copied "formatted" into Notepad and LibreOffice Writer with "Copy to Unicode" checked and unchecked.
    1. Copying (without option "Copy to Unicode" checked)
    - Notepad displayed just Latin alphabet letters but seemed to have all of the characters to include the Hebrew accents.
    - LibreOffice Writer displayed the text exactly as it appears in KWIC.

2. Copying (with the option "Copy to Unicode" checked)
    - Notepad displayed the same result that you got that lacked the last accent.
    - LibreOffice Writer displayed the Hebrew text also lacking the last accent. (See screenshot below)

Name:  KWIC-Hebrew Fonts.png
Views: 253
Size:  37.1 KB

I'm assuming that for your project you need to use Unicode. Otherwise, if you are able to use the standard non-Unicode fonts in a Rich Text capable editor you should be able to capture the formatting with the correct markings. If you need to use Unicode for your project, I would encourage you to file a bug report. I was able to reproduce this copying issue with the latest version of BW10.