Thread: Search Multiple Collections at Once

Default Search Multiple Collections at Once

Is there a way for me to search more than one collection at a time? For instance, could I search for πιστις in BGM [Greek Bible], APM [Apostolic Fathers], and JOM [Josephus] all at once and have all the results show up for me in one list?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdrymon View Post
    Is there a way for me to search more than one collection at a time? For instance, could I search for πιστις in BGM [Greek Bible], APM [Apostolic Fathers], and JOM [Josephus] all at once and have all the results show up for me in one list?
    See BW Help for Main Menu/Search/Cross Version Search Mode (section 9 in BW10 Help).

I'm sure this has been dealt with before in more detail, but rather than try to find it, here is a quick overview:
    For your example, set your seach version to BGM, and set APM and JOM as display versions.
    On the command line:
    BGM <enter> (to make BGM your search version)
    d c <enter> (to get rid of other display versions, especially Greek ones)
    d APM JOM <enter> (to make APM and JOM display versions)

Main Menu / Search / Cross Version Search Mode / Search All Same Language Display Versions

In BW10 the second little green box under the command line will turn yellow to remind that you are in cross version search mode.
    Do your search the usual way.

You will get a small window titled "Cross Version Search Results" that will tell you how many hits you got in each version. Click on the row in that box for the version you want, and the Search Window will display a list of the hits in that version.

--Jim

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! That's exactly what I was looking for!