Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Importing notes from Windows to Mac

  1. #1

    Default Importing notes from Windows to Mac

    I just installed BW10 on a MacBook Air running Sierra version 10.12.6. I would like to import the notes I've created over the years using BW on Windows, but I don't know how to do it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Francis View Post
    I just installed BW10 on a MacBook Air running Sierra version 10.12.6. I would like to import the notes I've created over the years using BW on Windows, but I don't know how to do it.
    Hello Richard,

    To import your notes into BW10 in Mac, you will want to do this: go to "Bibleworks" in you menu, then "Open program folder" => Program Files => BibleWorks 10 => notes. That gets you where you need to be.

    Once there, I assume the easiest thing to do would be select all and delete. Then paste the totality of your old notes there.

    Hope that helps!

    Don Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

  3. #3

    Default Still looking

    I can't find the notes file in the BibleWorks application. I don't have "Program Files," just Applications, and under BibleWorks I don't see a notes file.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Francis View Post
    I can't find the notes file in the BibleWorks application. I don't have "Program Files," just Applications, and under BibleWorks I don't see a notes file.
    Hi Richard,

    Where are you starting from? If you have BW open on your screen, if you look in the upper left-hand corner, next to the Apple logo, you should find "BibleWorks" as the first choice on your menu. Click on that, and the in the menu that opens, the fifth choice should be "open program folder". Try taking it from there, following the path given in previous message. Hope that helps !

    Don

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Richard, one small piece of advice. When you move your PC BibleWorks notes to the Mac, I strongly urge you to keep a backup copy of the notes. We've invested a lot of development resources to bringing full notes support to the Mac, but we're still finding occasional glitches. For instance, we just corrected a blip that affected notes containing images. If you don't have images in your notes, this bug doesn't affect you.

    Michael

  6. #6

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Hi Richard,

    Where are you starting from? If you have BW open on your screen, if you look in the upper left-hand corner, next to the Apple logo, you should find "BibleWorks" as the first choice on your menu. Click on that, and the in the menu that opens, the fifth choice should be "open program folder". Try taking it from there, following the path given in previous message. Hope that helps !

    Don
    Yes, that did it! Thank you. I am very much a Mac newbie and not conversant with how the OS stores files. so appreciate all the help I can get.

  7. #7

    Default Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by MTan View Post
    Richard, one small piece of advice. When you move your PC BibleWorks notes to the Mac, I strongly urge you to keep a backup copy of the notes. We've invested a lot of development resources to bringing full notes support to the Mac, but we're still finding occasional glitches. For instance, we just corrected a blip that affected notes containing images. If you don't have images in your notes, this bug doesn't affect you.

    Michael
    Thanks for the reminder. One thing I've learned is to back up everything, and then make backups of the backups.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •