Thread: What happened to my browser window?

Default What happened to my browser window?

I have Bibleworks 10 and have been using it and early versions for almost two decades. Something happened to the view on my Browser Window that causes great inconvenience. Normally, at the top of my Browser Window there used to be the Biblical passage being treated as well as boxes for version, book, chapter and verses, so that I could easily go to a different passage by picking each of those draw down boxes. This line has now disappeared from my browser window? How do I get it back?

MBD

You probably clicked when your mouse was on the bar at the top of your Browse Window, the one that has the label "Browse Window". Clicking there again will bring back what you had before. (Hovering over the little down-pointing triangle at the right of that bar should bring up "Hide/Show upper part of Browse Window"). You can do the same for the Search Window and the Analysis Window.

--Jim

Unhappy Lost default Browser View

Here is what my BibleWorks 10 Browser Window looks now:
    Name:  Screenshot 2017-08-16 10.52.27.png
Views: 216
Size:  318.2 KB

I want it to look like this view on p. 9 of the BibleWorks Quick-Start Guide:
    Name:  BW_photo.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  254.3 KB

I hope this works.
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MBD; 08-16-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Try this:
    Main Menu
    Help
    BibleWork Help Contents
    Getting Started
    The BibleWorks User Interface

Scroll to bottom of page to "Optimizing the Work Space"
    This explains what I tried to say in my previous response:

Name:  Help1.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  395.3 KB

--Jim

Default Browser Window

Jim,
    Thanks for your help. I learned out to get rid of the outline headers, for which I have no use, but I still cannot get back the Browser List Boxes that allows me to quickly nagigate to other versions, books, chapters and verses. When I right click, I get a list I think of recent passages I have studied. When I left click at the top, a thin gray line below either appears or disappears. This is so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by MBD View Post
    Jim,
    Thanks for your help. I learned out to get rid of the outline headers, for which I have no use, but I still cannot get back the Browser List Boxes that allows me to quickly nagigate to other versions, books, chapters and verses. When I right click, I get a list I think of recent passages I have studied. When I left click at the top, a thin gray line below either appears or disappears. This is so frustrating.
    Have you done in the menu: View | Browse Window Header | Show Browse List Boxes?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by MBD View Post
    Jim,
    What you need to do is right click in the thin gray line. It will bring up the menu that lets you choose to display or suppress the Outline Heading and Browse List Boxes. Yes, you have to click precisely in that thin line, else you get the recent verses you have displayed.

I cannot get "Print Screen" to show the mouse arrow, but this illustrates what happens when you right click in the thin gray line:

Name:  Help2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  113.2 KB

--Jim

Michael, you got in ahead of me with a solution that makes lesser demands on ones fine motor skills.
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 08-17-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Red face Browser Window

Clicking on the thin gray line did it! Thanks everybody.
    Michael