Thread: BibleWorks Lite? One more time...

Question BibleWorks Lite? One more time...

Some years ago, someone asked about "BW Lite", and I would like to revisit that thought.

There is now "Accordance Lite", which is free (!) and has a decent number of modern language resources bundled.

While it is really with the original language tools that BWks shines, it would still be useful to have a lite/student version available at a reasonable cost -- or even free (!). My hunch is that this is a genuine f.a.q., but I can't seem to track down earlier discussions.

My use case: university instructor, wanting to put this tool in the hands of students rather than the (more expensive) Accordance, or the (words fail me) Logos family (which I have fairly strong views about that I won't ventilate here).

Any thoughts or responses on this would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by doc_dave; 05-08-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo fix

Thumbs up

Thanks to Jim Barr for pointing me the entry on this question in the BibleWorks knowledgebase. Essentially, the main points are:

• a "lite" version would necessarily be a poorer version;
    • which features to omit is countintuitive financially, and hard to predict for users; and
    • maintenance of a "lite" version would have the effect of driving up costs overall.

I'm convinced! The BibleWorks vision is one that resonates with me, and the KB response helps to explain why a "lite" BWks isn't so appealing as it might first appear.

Good thoughts, though. BW gives students pretty good bang for the buck when compared with similar programs.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.