Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with latest update?

Default Problems with latest update?

I just installed the latest BW update, and now BW keeps crashing before it even starts. Since BW won't even open, I don't have the option of going back to a previous checkpoint. Is anyone else having this same problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lee
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default Crashing!!!!

Same here.

Gilbert

Angry out

After last update bw no start!!
    What`s to do?
    Klaus-Peter

hold down the SHIFT key as you click to start BW. You should get some options to roll back to a previous build
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default Crashing

The problem was caused by yesterday's addition of ISBE to the new dictionary tab. The problem has been fixed. You can get the fix by either of the two procedures:

1. Run the bwupdate.exe program. It is in the BW root directory. It will update the BibleWorks program without having to run BibleWorks to get it. The run BW as usual.
    2. Temporarily move the files edb.* and isbe.* in the BibleWorks databases folder to another location. Run BibleWorks and update the executable. Then exit BibleWorks and move the files back.

Either of these should work. If you have further problems please post here since it is the weekend and I will get on it.

Sorry for the problem,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The problem was caused by yesterday's addition of ISBE to the new dictionary tab. The problem has been fixed. You can get the fix by either of the two procedures:

1. Run the bwupdate.exe program. It is in the BW root directory. It will update the BibleWorks program without having to run BibleWorks to get it. The run BW as usual.
    2. Temporarily move the files edb.* and isbe.* in the BibleWorks databases folder to another location. Run BibleWorks and update the executable. Then exit BibleWorks and move the files back.

Either of these should work. If you have further problems please post here since it is the weekend and I will get on it.

Sorry for the problem,

Mike
    Mike, thank you for the post. Option #1 did the trick for me, and I'm back up and running. You're a good man to take care of things on the weekend.

Thank you for the tip as well, MGVH. I think I've done that before, but it slipped my mind.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Worked for me too!!

Thanks Mike.

Gilbert

PS I also appreciate you working Saturday to fix it! KUDOS!!

Default Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post

Sorry for the problem,

Mike
    I have a MacBook Air. Can anyone share with me how to get to the BW root directory? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Mine's also now working, and I also say thank you!

But my profile was blitzed in all the crashing. Any way to get it back and not have to go through all that customizing again?

Default recovering settings

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Mine's also now working, and I also say thank you!

But my profile was blitzed in all the crashing. Any way to get it back and not have to go through all that customizing again?
    If you look in the INIT folder you will see backups of the executable, as well as the INI file and context (SWC) file. Find a recent one and remove the version number prefix and copy to your BW root directory. Backups are made every time you do a version update unless you turn the feature off.

Mike