Thread: Lexicon Browser Different

Default Lexicon Browser Different

Hello,

Why my lexicon window looks different?
    The options are in the system manu bar, not in the window manu. I kind of prefer the options locating in the window, as shown in the help document. Is there any way to make it come back?

Name:  屏幕截图 2017-04-15 20.23.54.png
Views: 125
Size:  217.1 KB
    Martin Zhang

You're using a Mac. For whatever reason, all windows in a Mac have a uniform appearance regardless of what program you are using.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You're using a Mac. For whatever reason, all windows in a Mac have a uniform appearance regardless of what program you are using.
    I just upgraded to BW10.
    If I remember correctly, BW9 had the manus in the window. It is BW10 that makes it disappear. But I actually likes them to be there. It is more convenient, esp. when I use the lexicons in BW, I do not use the full-screen mode. And I also change lexicons quite often for comparison.

I know we may set different lexicons in analysis window. But I'm working on Eusebius right now. BW doesn't have it. I imported it from the "unofficial" BW website. The text is awesome, but morphologically coded. So the analysis shows nothing when I hover the mouse over the words.

I guess this is part of the effort to make BW more native to Mac. I appreciate it a lot, and do want to see it function in that way. But I would like to preserve the options for lexicon choice in a place beside/near the entry bar.
    Last edited by Martinzh; 04-17-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    Martin Zhang