Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we really need another version of BW?

I will qualify what I am about to say by saying that I have only had BibleWorks since BW 8. But one thing I can say about BibleWorks that I can say of no other software . . . I have never regretted in the slightest upgrading to the newest edition. So many other programs take away old features to introduce new features, and I find myself missing those old features far more than benefiting from the new. Every upgrade of BW is a true and clear upgrade from the previous version.
    Last edited by Lee; 04-12-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I will qualify what I am about to say by saying that I have only had BibleWorks since BW 8. But one thing I can say about BibleWorks that I can say of no other software . . . I have never regretted in the slightest upgrading to the newest edition. So many other programs take away old features to introduce new features, and I find myself missing those old features far more than benefiting from the new. Every upgrade of BW is a true and clear upgrade from the previous version.
    ** Like! **

Default How did you do it?

Steve you mentioned the following:

[He showed the class how to do a complicated search which helped to understand the Greek vocable in its present context. I didn't at first know how to do something similar in Bibleworks, but when I figured it out,]

How did you accomplish the searched?

Thank You
    Dave Rogers

An old post, but I had to chime in.

Yes! I suppose we could ask, "Do we need another version?" about ANY software. Even Logos. Have the BibleWorks upgrades been worth the money? No question!

I agree with all that has come before, but let me add my two cents.

Other than Logos being slow, a memory hog, and the constant LONG updates, I think that value does need to be considered.

BibleWorks is definitely inexpensive for what you get, and users are regularly treated to helpful freebies.

On the downside, Logos is very expensive, and is "well padded" software. I have noticed that maybe 90% of the books in the expensive packages are public domain and are available free on software such as e-sword. Additionally. much of the "90%" in these large packages are frankly not that helpful to me anyhow. I have a few select works on Logos, and that's fine for me. So, I think value is greatly in favor of BibleWorks.

A positive thing about Logos is the app (although limited). I would love to see that in the future at BibleWorks! Also, it would have been great had BibleWorks 10 had an installer. I had an early version so maybe that has changed by now.

Been with BibleWorks since 3.0 or 3.5 and still use BibleWorks 10 just about every day!

Dr. Bob Payne,
    Pastor,
    The Baptist Church of Danbury,
    Danbury, Connecticut
    Last edited by Gospelizer; 01-25-2018 at 05:15 PM.