Thread: Problems with Updates

Question Problems with Updates

Hello All,

I am using BW10 on a Mac. I am currently on version 10.0.5.582 and version 10.33 of the Mac Installer. In the last two weeks I have stopped getting updates from the program and can no longer see the elective updates I had chosen not to install (e.g., non-English translations).

Can anyone advise me as to what I need to do to reset BW so it will receive updates (or manually be able to download them)?

Thanks,

Bill H

The manual update is under the help menu. That's what I do as the auto update no longer works on the Mac version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
    currently on version 10.0.5.582 and version 10.33 of the Mac Installer
    We haven't posted updates to the BibleWorks Executable in a number of weeks. Version 10.0.5.582 is the current version of the Executable. That may be the reason why you have not been prompted for updates in some time. I've written to both of you by email to request some diagnostic information to see if there is something specific going on with your systems. Available updates for the BibleWorks Executable are typically accessed by going to Help | Check for updates.

A new Mac Installer was posted in the last 24 hours. You may actually receive a prompt for it if your BibleWorks Executable has been updated recently. If you are offered a prompt that says, “An updated version of the BibleWorks Mac Installer is available. Would you like to download it?” you can click Yes and follow the process to install the new version of the Mac Installer.

If you have not been offered that prompt in the past 24 hours I would close all programs, restart your computer, make sure you have a good connection to the Internet and then open BibleWorks to see if you are prompted for it. Mac installer dmg updates are offered to the user once after they are posted. If you do not choose to download it you can always retrieve it from the menu Help | Update Mac Installer.
    Mark Cannon

It may be helpful for all BibleWorks users to know that updates are offered through the program with a prompt that tells you updates are available after they have been posted. This remains in effect if you have a good Internet connection while running BibleWorks and the default settings of "Automatically check for updates" and "Check for updates only once every 48 hours" are checked under Tools | Options | General | Flags | Internet Updater Options. The other default option that is checked in that category is "Save patch file after applying the patch". See the Help file for more information on what those options do. BibleWorks updates may also be applied using Help | Check for Updates.

Mac users who are running version 10.0.5.403 are offered an update to the Mac Installer .dmg file once after they are posted through an onscreen prompt. The prompt will be a small window that says “An updated version of the BibleWorks Mac Installer is available. Would you like to download it?” If you are offered this window you can click Yes and follow the process to install the new version of the Mac Installer. If you do not choose to download it you can always retrieve it from the menu Help | Update Mac Installer. The version of the Mac Installer file that is running can be checked under Help | About BibleWorks and is listed as (MCW 10-XX) where XX equals the numbered version of the Mac Installer .dmg.
    Last edited by Mark Cannon; 02-01-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Mark Cannon

Mark, thanks all is working.

Thanks for the info re updates! I had just reinstalled BW10 after a hard disk failure. While all was/is working fine, I was also concerned about the lack of updates. In the past, the rhythm of updates was more frequent (not a complaint!). Just good to know that I don't need to do anything, especially after my system recovery.

This is on a Win 10 box.
    Kirk E. Lowery, PhD

Thumbs up Problem fixed!

I appreciate Mark's help - the problem is solved. Thanks for your help everyone!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
    Hello All,

I am using BW10 on a Mac. I am currently on version 10.0.5.582 and version 10.33 of the Mac Installer. In the last two weeks I have stopped getting updates from the program and can no longer see the elective updates I had chosen not to install (e.g., non-English translations).

Can anyone advise me as to what I need to do to reset BW so it will receive updates (or manually be able to download them)?

Thanks,

Bill H